Senna 10/ScallaG9 sucessfully paired

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
While riding with Festar the past two days we were able to pair my G9 with his Senna 10 with latest firmware update. He found instructions online which enabled us to make it work.

Range was about 1/2 a mile.

Some interruptions in connectivity occurred but the units would frequently reconnect if he initiated a call.

When I tried turning on my TomTom it broke our connection, not sure why.

Instructions at: https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f14/how-pair-sena-smh10-scala-rider-g9-new-universal-intercom-function-170282/

Last edited by a moderator:
While riding with Festar the past two days we were able to pair my G9 with his Senna 10 with latest firmware update. He found instructions online which enabled us to make it work.Range was about 1/2 a mile.

Some interruptions in connectivity occurred but the units would frequently reconnect if he initiated a call.

I believe that's a Scala G9 issue. It will only allow pairing with a single bluetooth device depending on what is being paired. If the TomTom Rider is being paired, G9 will drop other pairs.

I had my iPhone paired to my G9 and then I paired the Rider. Rider would not 'see' the G9, until I dropped the iPhone pair with G9.

Now I have the iphone paired to TomTomRider, for calling. And the TomTom to the G9 for voiceguided Nav.

While riding with Festar the past two days we were able to pair my G9 with his Senna 10 with latest firmware update. He found instructions online which enabled us to make it work.Range was about 1/2 a mile.

I believe that's a Scala G9 issue. It will only allow pairing with a single bluetooth device depending on what is being paired. If the TomTom Rider is being paired, G9 will drop other pairs.

I had my iPhone paired to my G9 and then I paired the Rider. Rider would not 'see' the G9, until I dropped the iPhone pair with G9.

Now I have the iphone paired to TomTomRider, for calling. And the TomTom to the G9 for voiceguided Nav.
That's how I normally run as well, phone to Rider and Rider to G9.

This was first time trying to use the intercom.

I ran into this a few months ago when a coworker with a Scala G9 and I tried to pair up with my Sena SMH10. Intercom worked but the Scala then lost his phone and had to be repaired. In our situation his loss of phone use created some issues for him. His phone is work issued and quite often work related. At least in our case until they can be paired up without loss of other devices it just isn't a viable option.I will say that the intercom function performed very well.

I just read a long thread on another forum about the Senas.... the multibrand pairing is done through the phone pairing, thus you have to bump out or delete your phone pairing to pair with the 'foreign' unit. In other words, two Senas or two G9's can pair a second unit with each other, but cross brands and it is done with the phone pairing.

I am happy to hear once paired they have a decent distance and I was aware only one phone source was available for the G9 but the G9x has 2. Has anyone had success with the G9x mobile phone and another brand to communicate with intercom? I have had success with both a G9 & G9x and a Uclear 200 with newest software update.

I have also had recent success with a Scala Q2 & G9 that is not endorsed by Cardo.

Will be interesting to play with this further at the Western Roundup where smarter folks than I will be present with many different types of headsets I'm sure.