Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
I'm looking for a legal service manual for my 07 and this is what comes up:

FJR13AEVC FJR1300 (2007) Service Manual

What does the "VC" stand for? Would this be suitable for my non auto 07?

I'm looking for a legal service manual for my 07 and this is what comes up:
FJR13AEVC FJR1300 (2007) Service Manual

What does the "VC" stand for? Would this be suitable for my non auto 07?

"VERY CORPULENT"

....or was it "VELOCITY CONSTRICTED"?

...."VALUE CHALLENGED?"?

Last edited by a moderator:
V is the letter designator for 2007, C is California. Except 2007s were 'W' and 'V' was for 2006. And they don't make a separate manual for California bikes, since there's so little difference. There's also not a separate manual for A vs. AE, either.

So if you actually continued to the next page, after selecting any of the models, you would fin the same part number listed for the manual for any of the models, LIT-11616-19-83 for 2007. I'm looking it up at Yamaha's manuals page here.

There's only one service manual per model year, it covers all (usually 4) North American FJR models for that year.

V is the letter designator for 2007, C is California. Except 2007s were 'W' and 'V' was for 2006. And they don't make a separate manual for California bikes, since there's so little difference. There's also not a separate manual for A vs. AE, either.
So if you actually continued to the next page, after selecting any of the models, you would fin the same part number listed for the manual for any of the models, LIT-11616-19-83 for 2007. I'm looking it up at Yamaha's manuals page here.

There's only one service manual per model year, it covers all (usually 4) North American FJR models for that year.
Ask and you shall receive......thanks brother.

What...you didn't like MY answer?

Pretty sure this forum has gone over this before...You may wanna go re-read your rules before you get "reminded" by admin about them. What you should have remembered can be found here: CLICK ME Paragraph one, post one, under the bolded type that says, "Please read the following:

Edit: Haha...Nevermind.

I have a 10 but found a new 2009 FSM for a price I could not pass up. I think I will be fine using it.

However if you have a 11, you probably should buy the 2011 FSM. I mean with all the changes and stuff................... :p

Your "making shit up as I go along answer"? It was pretty funny, yet extremely useless.

V is the letter designator for 2007, C is California. Except 2007s were 'W' and 'V' was for 2006. And they don't make a separate manual for California bikes, since there's so little difference. There's also not a separate manual for A vs. AE, either.So if you actually continued to the next page, after selecting any of the models, you would fin the same part number listed for the manual for any of the models, LIT-11616-19-83 for 2007. I'm looking it up at Yamaha's manuals page here.

I liked your answer and found it quite useful, in fact invaluable. Thank you Howie, I now can answer this for someone else who may ask.

Your "making shit up as I go along answer"? It was pretty funny, yet extremely useless.
Damn, howie, he's got you figgered out already!!!! :p
Yet another example of worse than useless information below from Howie's post to an oil question:

(art miller @ Sep 12 2010, 05:09 PM) *I've read many threads on similar topics but specifically would like some feedback from forum members on the following;

A) Have you experienced any clutch slippage when using syn oil?

cool.gif Did you experience smoother shifting with syn?

C) Did you find shorter clutch life using syn?

D) Will idle speed increase and require adjustment with syn?

Hopefully this will not bore the sh-t out of the old timers!!

A - yes
B - no

C - yes

D - yes

Yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.
Hopefully the OP doesn't take anyone seriously who's avatar has spark plugs coming out of his neck.

Electrodes, dude. Electrodes. No sparks except on the bench equipment in the doctor's luh-BOR-a-torie. :)

And there is not a single more relevant avatar on the whole board. When you get drafted into the Atomic Engine Club you may wish you had the community support that Howie got at the time.

Look at his join date, his member number, and his post count. He's earned a little slack, and the right to a moment of sarcasm here and there. It's not a personal attack, and you don't need to take it as one and start hitting back. A nonsense answer is a humorous way of saying, "What the hell, I dunno!"

Criticising him for sarcasm in an oil thread??!!!??! Puh-LEASE!!!!!! That's what oil threads are FOR!!!!!!

As for taking him seriously, when he answers for real, his answer is gospel, like pointing that guy to the Gen-II handlebar thread. He reads the whole board, knows what he's seen, and can find it for somebody quite some time later.

Electrodes, dude. Electrodes. No sparks except on the bench equipment in the doctor's luh-BOR-a-torie. :)
And there is not a single more relevant avatar on the whole board. When you get drafted into the Atomic Engine Club you may wish you had the community support that Howie got at the time.

Look at his join date, his member number, and his post count. He's earned a little slack, and the right to a moment of sarcasm here and there. It's not a personal attack, and you don't need to take it as one and start hitting back. A nonsense answer is a humorous way of saying, "What the hell, I dunno!"

Criticising him for sarcasm in an oil thread??!!!??! Puh-LEASE!!!!!! That's what oil threads are FOR!!!!!!

As for taking him seriously, when he answers for real, his answer is gospel, like pointing that guy to the Gen-II handlebar thread. He reads the whole board, knows what he's seen, and can find it for somebody quite some time later.
Whatever...........I was being sarcastic, much like he was.