Shad USA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1maxman

Reaction score
I feel I need to share this with all the FJR owners as a warning. On June 4th I went to the Americade in Lake George NY. While there I purchased a SH50 at the Shad USA kiosk. The representative gave me a good deal on it, I paid for it and he told me it would arrive at my home the following Wednesday, I was stoked, nice top box and it would have the stone gray color plate for my '13 FJR. Wednesday came and went, no box, so I gave it til Monday, no box. I called them and they said it was going to take a few days to process the orders from the Americade, no problem. The next week I called them to check up on my order, the woman on the phone promised me my order had been sent out and I should be receiving it soon. I called yesterday, 6/30, the same woman told me she would check on my order again and get back to me. She never got back to me. I called them again this morning, guess what, they hadn't even received my order from The Shad factory and it's going to be another several weeks before I get it. I am very angry, first I was bold faced lied to by the rep that sold it to me, then this woman at shad USA in Florida lied numerous times to me. I don't know about you but I personally don't think this is the way to treat your customers. Thank you for letting me vent

That sucks man. Nothing like over promising and under delivering. I hope it shows up soon and is as awesome as you hoped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your treatment is unacceptable for certain. At least the product is worth waiting for in my experience. A year from now the crappy service will be a distant and fading memory, the box, however, will continue to impress and serve you well.

I actually cancelled my order. You can only deal with company's like this for so long. They are going to give me a full refund. This too will probably take months. I just can't get over the treatment because Yamaha deals with them directly. I guess they're the kind of company that figures once they have your money they forget about the customer.

I bought from an aftermarket vender. Do not remember who, but several reputable venders handle Shad. Eg. Twisted Throttle, M/C Superstore, Revzilla and Bike Bandit are all worth checking.

I actually cancelled my order. You can only deal with company's like this for so long. They are going to give me a full refund. This too will probably take months. I just can't get over the treatment because Yamaha deals with them directly. I guess they're the kind of company that figures once they have your money they forget about the customer.
Bingo, my exact same experience with Shad. I bet that was Angie you were talking to on the phone. She's the nicest person in the world until she gets your money. She emailed me telling me that my box would ship out on such and such date. It wasn't shipped. When I emailed her back (replying with quoted text mind you) she told me that she never said a specific date.

When my box eventually came, the color plate was missing. I emailed her to let her know it was missing twice and never heard back from her. I had to jump through hoops to finally get my color plate sent to me that I'd paid for.

I love the box, but the mount does suck. It plays against Yamaha's crappy subframe design and I believe it is the reason for my failure and the reason it is now mounted to a GIVI SR357 rack.

The sad part though, it's not like Givi's service is any better. I've called them twice and the guy answering the phone acts like he doesn't give a crap. There aren't a lot of vendors in this market and they seem to know this.

The woman I talked to was Natalie, she was very nice but there was something missing with her, all she could say was "I understand" my reply was a very frank "no you don't". She didn't have a clue, didn't get any calls from the management to give an apology, nothing. They then called and offered to send me a top box with scratches until mine came in. I told her that there was no way possible I would take a "used box" for the time being because I know when I didn't get my new box they would claim they had already sent me my box. Any way, does the GIVI SR357 rack work better and is it harder to install?

Fact is, it doesn't work at all. The Shad box will sit VERY far backwards. I was working with Gerauld on making an adapter plate, but it was kind of hard to do long distance. I ended up fabbing something ugly on my own that works though. I'm keeping an eye on various classifieds sites for a used Givi and will then likely just sell the Shad. Problem is two good deals on a custom seat and a roadcrafter popped up first. Gotta space these things out ya know.
biggrin.png