Shark Evoline

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went and tried one on at extreme supply a couple of weeks ago, I didn't buy it as they had a Nolan 103 that felt a lot better.

After a 1600 mile run last weekend the Nolan was a big hit.

R

I was thinking about trying one of these out. Pulled up at a light yesterday next to Triumph Speed Triple and noted that the rider had that helmet. Asked how he liked it. He said it was a little heavy for highway but ok for around town, vented well, and he loved the sunshield.

I have had one for about 2 weeks. I think its great. Its super easy to use. I don't really notice the weight. I have about 3 other helmets including two Arias, a Shoei Hornet DS. The flip feature is quick and easy. I really like the internal sunglasses. Further, the quality is top notch. Only complaint is that there is not a lot of room for in-helmet speakers. I got my Chatterbox speakers to fit, but it took a little work. Its really nice to keep it flipped up in traffic and drop the chin guard down for the freeways. I think that the sizing might run a little large. I am between a large and a medium. The large was way to big. The medium was a perfect fit.

About the speaker room, the sales guy told me the ear pads would remove to make room for speakers, is this not true? I can't belive they would lie! :glare: Thanks for the input.

The earpads/cheek pads are one unit. You would not want to remove it. There is a reasonable detent for the ear and speakers. My Head/ears may be a little wider/fatter than average. Anyway. It was very easy to mount the speakers. Here is a link to photos. I followed the system, but I did not find in necessary to put the second very slight hole in the helmet. I just cut out the plastic from the removable cheek pads. Very easy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/articar/SharkE...AutocomFitting#

This is indirect feedback, but a buddy of mine that I take a trip or two with each year bought the Evoline last year. Asked him the other day while planning this year's trip (going from Chicago to Nova Scotia) how he likes the Evoline. Says he doesn't and no longer uses it. I don't have any detail to add as to why, so I know this isn't a ton of value, but at least it is one data point from a friend that was enamored at first with the design idea, the sun visor and how it slid down, the ability to flip it and go from full face to open face, etc. And now (maybe due to bulk, but not sure), he ditched it.

I have a shark and will not be buying another one. The y look spiffy but IMHO they are a bit noisy (havent found a quiet helmet yet) they seem to be made for the Sport bike crowd not sport touring crowd. I have to agree that these were not made with the thought that an audio system would be used with it.

I really loved this helmet design, but the fit is definitely different and I'd suggest trying before buying. I currently have a medium Shark rsi which is an excellent helmet, my previous two helmets were Arai signets, so a long-oval shape helmet fits me best. I tried an Evoline in a large size and even the bigger size put pressure on my forehead, but it felt loose on the sides, almost like the helmet was sideways. No Evoline for me.