Shark RSX Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
Has anyone tried cutting down the cheek pads on a helmet? I have a Shark RSX that I love except that the cheek pads are just too darn tight. I am thinking about taking them out, cutting them down, and putting them back. Before I do I thought I would ask if anyone had any tips or tricks for accomplishing this seemingly simple task (that will go downhill quick with my luck).

Mark

Has anyone tried cutting down the cheek pads on a helmet? I have a Shark RSX that I love except that the cheek pads are just too darn tight. I am thinking about taking them out, cutting them down, and putting them back. Before I do I thought I would ask if anyone had any tips or tricks for accomplishing this seemingly simple task (that will go downhill quick with my luck).
Mark
Sorry not to be around to see this sooner, but one of the cool things about Shark helmets is that you can buy cheek pads in various thicknesses. See the WebBikeWorld write-up on the RSX for more info.

Bob

IF you are really cheep you could put a heavy weight on them and let sit under it for a few days. They should be broken in quite well after that.

:headbonk:

I bought an RF-1000 for my wife, who then needed a thinner cheek pad. Installed the new ones......still too tight. So to make a long story short.............I pulled the foam out of the pad and sliced a bit off with a nice sharp blade. Re-inserted into the helmet.........perfect fit. Saved me another $40.

I just need to do that to my seat now.................