Sharp HID's installed NICE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipp

Reaction score
I purchased the Sharp HID H4 Hi/Low kit from Sharp HID. This is a really nice kit and looks of great quality. The ballasts are amazingly thin and fairly easy to get mounted within the relatively small space of a 2004 FJR1300 cockpit. Install was pretty easy and I found space for all the wiring, etc. these lights are really good and offer so much more detail and lightthan stock, its not even funny! These are 5000K bulbs. Sorry I don't have any before photos. These pics are all of the low beam only.

https://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bc9396f6ce.jpg

https://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b21d4ab4ce.jpg

https://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e34e845176.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]admin edit: photos should be no larger than 600x800 pixels in size. These are enormous 1200x1600 pixel photos which dork up the page layout, so they were changed to links. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Where get? How much?
John over at Sharp HID's. www.sharphid.com He is super helpful. They are not cheap, but I am sick of the cheap kits myself. The kit is $240.00 and that includes shipping. The one I got is: Apexcone 35w and 55w hi/lo bi-xenon HID kits - Lifetime Warranty!

I certainly like mine. They really light things up.

FJRFront.jpg

Thanks for the info. I worry about some kits in the $100 range, as I'm wary of their quality. I'm sure I'll get blasted but that's my opinion & I'm sticking to it.

Where get? How much?
John over at Sharp HID's. www.sharphid.com He is super helpful. They are not cheap, but I am sick of the cheap kits myself. The kit is $240.00 and that includes shipping. The one I got is: Apexcone 35w and 55w hi/lo bi-xenon HID kits - Lifetime Warranty!
Looks great...can you take a second to post specific bulb type and other variables so I can order these?

I'm assuming the 06 will take the same as your earlier model?

Thank you, and ride safely!

Don

Where get? How much?
Looks great...can you take a second to post specific bulb type and other variables so I can order these?

I'm assuming the 06 will take the same as your earlier model?

Thank you, and ride safely!

Don
Hi Don,

You need to double check, but I believe that the 06 and up use an H4 bulb as well. This is the exact description of the kit I got on their website www.sharphid.com: Apexcone 35w and 55w hi/lo bi-xenon HID kits - Lifetime

I purchased the H4 Hi/Lo bulbs in 5000K color.

Go to www.sharphid.com, click PRODUCTS on the left tab, then click Apexcone 35w and 55w H4/H13/9004/9007 Hi/Lo HID Kit Lifetime Warranty - Starting from $240

Hope that gets you where you need.

Any issues with it heating up? With some of the early versions, the extra heat would slowly discolor the reflector and the lights slowly get dimmer. The only fix was to replace the headlight assembly!

Any issues with it heating up? With some of the early versions, the extra heat would slowly discolor the reflector and the lights slowly get dimmer. The only fix was to replace the headlight assembly!
Mine are "early version", and the reflector has only degraded in the "ceiling" area directly overhead of the bulb, which doesn't noticeably affect the output.

Don't know of anybody who's had to replace a headlight assembly but, if I ever have to, those HID's will be coming back out at the same time....

Latest posts