Shinko Advance Radials

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I have no idea how good or bad these are, But thought i would pass along the deal...

$172 is a good price for a set of tires!

Clicky

I haven't used a Shinko on the front but I've run 009s on the rear with good luck on long trips-maybe an extra 1,000 miles. However, I had one on my FZ1 in Arkansas last week and during rain (three $%^& days!), is seemed to slip a bit more than other brands. Ian, Iowa

I just bought a set. of shinko's $167 from Motorcycle-Superstore.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how good or bad these are, But thought i would pass along the deal...
$172 is a good price for a set of tires!

Clicky
I just purchased an '03 FJR1300 with very low miles. The first thing I noticed is that it handled like crap. The back end was to soft and the front end was all over the place like it had a flat tire. So I sorted out the suspension with some of the fixes I found on the forum but I also installed a set of Shinko 009 Ravens and threw away the Metzlers that it came with. This is the second bike I've had the Shinko's on and I love them. With the suspension tweeks and the Shinko's the bike is now very neutral handling and very stable in the twisties.

My last bike was a Yamaha FZ1 (first Gen) and the Shinko's made it handle much better as well. In fact I ran them on the FZ1 during two trips to Deals Gap and they worked great in every situation.

So I have nothing but good to say about the Shinko's

I had a Shinko Advance 005 on the rear until earlier this year. IMO a good tire, but only lasted about 2k miles. Not worth the $95 I paid for it. If I could get it for about $65 I'd buy them year round.

I was very happy to find any tires in Prince George that would fit the FJR. Just happened to be Shinkos. Put on a new rear tire and ran it in the rain a couple of days and after that mostly on the slab for a total of approximately 3,000 miles. I do not know how it would perform in the twisities, but it was just fine for me (the bike has been pretty much torn apart since my return a couple of weeks ago and further testing is about two weeks away).