Shipping the Zumo 550?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slick

Reaction score
Who is actually shipping the Zumo 660's at this time?

The best price would be good too...

OK I screwed up the title.. how do I modify it or delete the whole thing before I look stupid????

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can edit your title until you have 500 posts.
Or, hat in hand, contritely ask an admin for an assist :) This is minor enough that I don't think bribes will be necessary ;)

Not even Garmin is shipping the 660 any more. There are problems with the firmware, and they have suspended all shipments.

Of course, they have no problem charging my debit card even though they aren't sending me one! :evilsmiley02:

I don't think you can edit your title until you have 500 posts.
Or, hat in hand, contritely ask an admin for an assist :) This is minor enough that I don't think bribes will be necessary ;)
GalaxyBlue is pretty harmless and a nice guy; but soggy from SFO.

PM him here...

"Paging Mr. GalaxyBlue to the white courtesy phone"

might not want to tell him I sent you; might sour the deal

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

OK I screwed up the title.. how do I modify it or delete the whole thing before I look stupid????

Go to your first post, click edit, select 'full edit', then you'll have the ability to change your heading.

Go to your first post, click edit, select 'full edit', then you'll have the ability to change your heading.

I tried that, and it does not let me. I will wait for an admin to do it and take the abuse in the mean time... :angry:

I tried that, and it does not let me. I will wait for an admin to do it and take the abuse in the mean time... :angry:
Hmmm. I wonder if it has something to do with your rank on this forum. I am able to change my headings and sub headings as needed.

Just to clarify, after selecting 'Full Edit', you'll find your heading and sub heading ABOVE the area to write your message. It should be in a white box allowing you to alter as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late............. now we get to clown you........ don't sweat it!!! piss on um .... :lol: :D :eek: :eek:

a hundred post from now.... no one will care......

B

I am not having any issues with my unit. What are some of the problems they are referring too?

I am not having any issues with my unit. What are some of the problems they are referring too?
1. Unable to register the device automatically (must be manually registered by Garmin in some cases which potentially voids the latest map guarantee)

2. Unable to update with WebUpdater to the latest firmware (currently 2.80)

3. Unable to see city names on map (firmware 2.80 corrects this)

4. Routes made with the computer are recalculated on import regardless of recalculation settings on the Zumo

5. Bluetooth connection issues

There may be others, but these have drawn the most attention. There is a lot of discussion on this at https://www.zumoforums.com with several people acknowledging the hold on shipping new units out (some of the members have contacts at Garmin for testing purposes, etc.)

1. Unable to register the device automatically (must be manually registered by Garmin in some cases which potentially voids the latest map guarantee)

2. Unable to update with WebUpdater to the latest firmware (currently 2.80)

3. Unable to see city names on map (firmware 2.80 corrects this)

4. Routes made with the computer are recalculated on import regardless of recalculation settings on the Zumo

5. Bluetooth connection issues

There may be others, but these have drawn the most attention. There is a lot of discussion on this at https://www.zumoforums.com with several people acknowledging the hold on shipping new units out (some of the members have contacts at Garmin for testing purposes, etc.)
Wow, thanks Ian. I will check ou tthe forums and hope they find a fix.