Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

FUBAR
Reaction score
I'm 250lbs and my Wife is not nearly that but with gear, etc. I feel the bike needs some help in the shock/clearance department. Does anyone know an aftermarket shock company that deals in the FJR suspension?

Yes, some great options rear and front. Call GP Suspension. They were used by many members for a Group Buy last Winter and the Winter before. They sell and make phenomenal products.

...and no....there isn't a Group Buy at present or in the near months on this one. One may occur next winter, but don't bank on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, some great options rear and front. Call GP Suspension. They were used by many members for a Group Buy last Winter and the Winter before. They sell and make phenomenal products.
...and no....there isn't a Group Buy at present or in the near months on this one. One may occur next winter, but don't bank on it.
Thank you for the helpful information. I will check it out. Ok, I have another question now...(imagine that)..."sliders" can I see some pictures of members bikes with sliders? I'm interested in protecting my investment.

With you being in TN, It would be closer for you to contactTraxxion Dynamics (in Atlanta) Ask for Lee.

They can install for you if you can't do it yourself. They have Penske for the rear and Traxxion for the front. I did both and it was well worth it.

I was 240 and have dropped to 215 now

While I'd like to see the business go to GP because they helped us out in a group buy, and they are excellent..... traxxion is a great alternative. Plus you can ride it in and have it setup, which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the helpful information. I will check it out. Ok, I have another question now...(imagine that)..."sliders" can I see some pictures of members bikes with sliders? I'm interested in protecting my investment.

Hey Fubar. I went with the slider from OESaccessories.com. I thought the price was right and they look good on the bike. Damn good thing I got them (after listening to the wise folks on this forum) because with only two hundred miles on the bike, over it went.

Thanks to all who recommended sliders!!!!

Hey Fubar. I went with the slider from OESaccessories.com. I thought the price was right and they look good on the bike. Damn good thing I got them (after listening to the wise folks on this forum) because with only two hundred miles on the bike, over it went.

Thanks to all who recommended sliders!!!!
Ordered the OES sliders yesterday....they emailed me and said they will ship from Cookville, TN and should be here today!! What a deal. Thanks to everyone for the information on the suspension too.