• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shoei GT Air Size XL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpadump

Reaction score
Hey Guys I got this Shoei GT-Air Journey size XL from Revzilla last Friday. I literally pulled it out of the box and left for a weekend trip. Well, it's just too big for my head. I've had a Bell helmet for the last few years but wanted a helmet with the pinlock visor for the cold and wet days. There is nothing wrong at all with the Shoei but too big for me, and Revzilla's policy is you wear it on the bike you own it. So I'd like to see if anyone here wants one I'll sell it for $500 plus shipping ($15 should cover it for the lower 48) that's $100.00 less than my price. It is absolutely like new not a scratch on it, plus it's a bad ass style (I have an 08 FJR so goes great together. Everything is included that came in the box. Once I sell this one I'm getting an other one in Large.

1_zps9f739b81.jpg
2_zpsfcd09d9e.jpg
3_zps36ff33ad.jpg
4_zps40e67dc9.jpg
5_zpsb9d7fbc2.jpg
6_zpsa5a01ccd.jpg
7_zps62e0dafd.jpg
8_zpsf8a02d49.jpg

Dang, I have an XL sized noggin (yeah yeah, it's like an orange on a toothpick!) but I love my Shoei Qwest. I just unwrapped the pinlock visor (I got the smoked one) and lens from RevZilla yesterday. Have yet to use it, did yours work as advertised to limit fogging for you?

Michigan's crazy-@$$ summer has 45 degree nights and 70° days right now... plenty of breath fogging in the AM riding to work.

Best of luck on the sale, wish I was looking!

Abe

The Shoei GT-Air is a very quiet helmet, I can get the windshield and helmet adjusted so there is almost no noise. It is also almost buffet free under all conditions. The face shield has positive click detents that hold it in place. The Air in GT-Air is all about the most excellent air flow through the helmet. On a cool day with the windshield down, opening the vents will let a chilly blast on your head show you just how good the air flow is
smile.png
The helmet is not the lightest but is in the upper third of light weight helmets. Visibility is very good.

The back of the helmet is curved to protect your neck in an accident and the cheek pads have emergency pull-out tabs to assist removing the helmet after an accident. This helmet is made to fit tight securely.

Because the helmet is so air tight it does have a tendency to fog when it gets below 50º F but as crumpa' says, it comes with a pinlock fog shield.

This is a very good helmet, if it fits correctly you won't be disappointed. FWIW, my GT-Air is an XL and fits me just fine though it took a couple of weeks of riding to get it to break-in and get comfortable, it took pillion's Large Air to almost a month to break-in.

Last edited by a moderator: