Shoei Multitec Reveiw

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougW

Reaction score
First of all I have been looking for a flip-up that fits well for years, I have very large semi oval head that only Arai's fit well. But they don't make a flip-up, I have been wearing a xxxl Schuberth Concept that I had to modify with a dremel tool to fit my massive deformed head. Shoei's Have always been too round for me, but not the Multitec, the XL fit my head perfectly and there is plenty of room for my chin when the helmet is closed which was a big problem with the HJC and the Nolan. It's much quieter than my Concept and it does not crush my ears so I can wear my ear plugs comfortably. All around I am very happy with it.

I also got it way below list at Cycle gear.

Thanks for the mini-review on the Multitech. I tried one on at the Phoenix Cycle World show and decided then and there that it would be my next helmet. Another guy I was with who is a Shuberth owner made the same declaration. Even more good news is that the shields for my RF-1000 will fit the Multitech.

I tried on the multitec at the show recently and found I need a size smaller than my X-11. I'm curious to know how it flows air, as my X-11 is great in this department and I wouldn't want to stray too far away from this now 'must have' feature.

I have always owned Shoei helmets and may even take the plunge on what would be my first flip helmet.

Now you can't post this statement without details. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried on the multitec at the show recently and found I need a size smaller than my X-11. I'm curious to know how it flows air, as my X-11 is great in this department and I wouldn't want to stray too far away from this now 'must have' feature.
I have always owned Shoei helmets and may even take the plunge on what would be my first flip helmet.

+1

They were selling them for 450.00 at the LB show. Very nice lid, I must say and they are claiming it to be quieter than the RF1000. And they made them run bigger in size so if you were an XL, you will now fit an L. :dntknw: Also, they've made universal all of their shields! No more new shields with each new lid! Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! My 1000 is due for replacement soon and I might just try this new one.

I went into a local Cycle Gear, they said the Multitec had to be orderd. I told them that's ok I will go to the local BMW dealer they had them in stock, then he said he will say that I had a 20% grand opening discount coupon and give me 20% off, so I said deal.

495.99 list 396.79 Sale

I am no wheeler dealer ether, I did not push him at all.

I have been searching for a replacement for my POS HJC Symax and my Nolan. Thanks for the mini review. I am going to get Multitec. I tried on an RF1000 and liked it a lot so I'm hoping the Multitec will be close. :rolleyes:

Anyone know the difference between the synchrotec and the multitec?
As mentioned above, here's a place to start?

www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/multitec

I went into a local Cycle Gear, they said the Multitec had to be orderd. I told them that's ok I will go to the local BMW dealer they had them in stock, then he said he will say that I had a 20% grand opening discount coupon and give me 20% off, so I said deal.
495.99 list 396.79 Sale
That's a great price you paid for sure. Wanna head back over there a score one for me? :D

495.99 list 396.79 Sale

I am no wheeler dealer ether, I did not push him at all.
I'm no math wizard but isn't 495 list minus 40% discount aroud 297? It so, then sign me up with skyway for the group buy! :yahoo: I'm not too thrilled with my Nolan. It's the first non-shoei helmet i've bought in years.

I have been looking at the Multitec for the past few months. I was just about ready to order one, when I read here on the forum about how a large majority of helmet impacts are on the chin bar area. This has made me question if I want to make the change from a full face to a flip up. The flip of is obviously weaker in the chin bar area, at least I don't see how it couldn't be, but the question is how much weaker?

I tried one on at the show.....my chin is in contact with the chinbar. Dang, drat, heck and pshaw! I'm a few years away from replacement so I have plenty of time to wait and try various combinations.

I tried the multitec out at my local bmw dealer (I can always count on him to have the goodies) and the fit and finish were excellent. The large was too tight and the xl was a little loose. Make sure you try it on before you order one!

I have had trouble with the latching systems on both HJC and KBC helmets. Not so much with the locking systems but with the flip up guides that locate the visor and they are both noisy.

Looks like the Multitec will be added to the shopping list.

I tried one on at the show.....my chin is in contact with the chinbar. Dang, drat, heck and pshaw! I'm a few years away for replacement so I have plenty of time to wait ant try various combinations.
There is also a new Caberg flip about to hit the US market which has a built in visor.

Caberg Justissimo GT
Caberg has been sold in the U.S. before under the brand name Jarow. The old importer got a bad service rep, so now we get new importer and new brand name.

It looks like a nice lid. I'm a year away from helmet replacement, so I'll get to benefit from others' experiences.

In case anyone wants to know Shoei Multitech from Gary@UM will run you about $370 and they are backordered till the end of January (for the metallic).