Shoei Neotec XL and FJR Gen II Bags?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackarrow

Reaction score
Will the Shoei Neotec XL size fiit inside a Gen II saddlebag? I don't have access to one to try it out. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Just tried mine, not a chance. But why put a helmet in a saddlebag anyway..... I got other stuff to go in there when I'm on the road. Best get a helmet lock and put it somewhere else.

Just tried mine, not a chance. But why put a helmet in a saddlebag anyway..... I got other stuff to go in there when I'm on the road. Best get a helmet lock and put it somewhere else.
You asked, I'll answer.

1. On day trips I like keeping one case empty just for the helmet. When it's outside raining and I'm grabbing a bite to eat, I like having my helmet locked up and not filling with water, and not lugging the stupid thing inside.

2. On the road, if the helmet doesn't need cleaning, get to your hotel, pull your bag out, put your helmet in. One less thing to lug to the room.

3. If, after I get there, I want to take a quick ride in town to gas or whatever, gee, there's my helmet again, with the bike, ready to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd. My XL Neotec is sitting in my right sidebag right now, closed, and nothing was forced. I do have to take off the Sena or it pinches and can't fit much else in there.

My older XL Multitec is a different story and doesn't fit so well.

My XL MultiTec fits with the Sena removed. You do have to put it in "just" right for an easy lid close.

--G

Apples and oranges, but neither my Shoei Qwest or my Nolan N-104 fit in my sidecases, upside-down, sideways, or any other way.

Nolan N-104 in the small shell size fits in sidecase without difficulty. It does have to be turned so the shield is facing forward. Case won't close if the shield is facing to the rear.

Don't know if it's the same shell, but my Large Neotec fits either sidecase fine. I do have a Sena unit installed (the little 3S) which doesn't increase the width of the helmet in any significant way.

Over this past weekend, while we were riding in West Virginia, I had the opportunity to see if my XL Neotec would fit in the sidebag...it did. All I had to do was remove the Sena module. Helmet was faced forward in the case...didn't really have to force anything either.

Interesting topic; take the helmet in, or leave it on the bike. If I'm just running into the store and it's neither hot nor cold, I leave the helmet on the bike with a cable and lock. When I ride to work, like today, I prefer to bring the helmet and jacket inside my office, so it's in the air-conditioning all day and not hot when I put it on to ride home. Same if it's cold out. I bring it in to the restaurant so it'll be warm when I put it back on.