Shoei RF-1000 Wine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about the red one. I got a silver helmet to match the silver panels on my Cobalt Blue 06 :

https://tinyurl.com/3xov5c

As for the helmet, like it alot, Very comfortable and quiet. Seems less effected by turbulance than my Fulmer ot KBC. I got the Blue Spectra visor for it, and that does look good with the blue bike. They make a gold and a mirror visor too..(it's only blue/gold on the outside, looking through it is tinted grey)

Heads are diffrent however, so make sure it fits you well before buying if possible. Nothing worse than an expensive helmet that don't fit.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Shoei Multi tek in Wine, while it's a great helmet the Wine is much closer to a red than the Black Cherry. Not even close to a match, but it is a nice looking color.

Truth be told I wish the bike was the color of the helmet.

Hope that helps, I know for me it is hard to tell what the real color is when looking at a picture on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I previously purchased a Shoei wine colored helmet (fogot the model name) after getting my 07, but quickly returned it after comparing it to the Black Cherry. The helmet was much lighter and just did not go with the bike.

I returned it and purchased a multi-colored RF-1000 (red/white/black/burgundy) which I feel compliments the black cherry.

Hey guys,

I lucked up on this link - I've been shopping for the same helmet.

I compared the Wine Shoei RF-1000 color to my 07 last week and agree it is not as dark as the Black Cherry. Hard to match but I sure love the Black Cherry and I get so many compliments on it too.

I'll have to check out the multi colored unit.

Thanks and good luck.

I went through the same decision process when I got my 07. I did not like the wine red against the cherry red. I got the light silver RF-1000 instead and like the way it looks with the 07 fjr.

ss

I've had my RF-1000 Solid Black for about 3 years now. No complaints here. First helmet I've bought so I don't have much to compare it to. I know it is one of the least heavy of the full-face helmet bunch. I usually wear ER-6 headphones while riding, whithout the headphones wind noise can get annoying at 80+mph on interstate - I guess a lot of helmets have that though. The helmet has a little spoiler on the back, I'm not sure if it helps or hurts while riding with the stock windshield all the way up but there is some back pressure (wind pushing my head forward and down - I'm 5'8" BTW) while riding at interstate speeds.