SHOEI RF-1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAFJR1300

Reaction score
Just returned from the shop in Hanover, PA....

I had a coupon they sent me in the mail a while back for 40% off parts and accessories (expires today). Didn't think too much about it. I had to work the entire weekend so today was my day off so I wanted to get out and ride. I went to another shop and it just so happend that they had just gotten the Scala Rider team set. I figured that maybe if I go to the shop in Hanover they might have the Team Set and I could get it for a better price. (was really thinkin it was just a promotional add and they would only give me a percentage off air filters, oil or bike specific accessories) I rode the 40 miles out to Hanover just to check it out. My SO was itchen to go for a ride so I brought her along as well. When we got there I went up to the counter and of course they didn't have the Team Set. We were looking around at all the gear not really interested in anything they had. One of the older salesman walked by and I asked him what the coupon was really good for!? He basically said anything (1 item) for the rider or the bike but that didn't include sale prices. So I asked him if that included the helmets, and he said "YEP!, bout the only time most people can afford a SHOEI or Arai." While we were lookin at the helmets a guy walks up and says " you both looking to get a helmet? Here I got another coupon you can have." Which was really cool, but I definately didn't intend to spend that much money when I got there. I currently have an HJC CL-14 which is too big and I hate all the wind noise. My wife has a cheap open face with face shield (Vega). I figure this is the best time to drop some money on a "quality product" (so I've heard). Well, after trying on a buch of helmets we both picked one out and procede to the counter, the salesman was really cool, he said he didn't "know :unsure: " we were together and rang us up seperately, but let us pay with the same card! :yahoo: The ride home was much better. My helmet is much quieter up until around 55 MPH and a little quiter over that. Air flow is MUCH better! I feel $285 is a lot of money but I still think it was worth it and much better than spending over $500 each for the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That money you spent on those helmets might be the best money you ever spend related to gear.

Whats your head worth? Can't put a price on that brother.

I'm on my 2nd RF-1000. (1st one bounced)

Had to peel a layer from the cheek pad stuffing to get good cheek fit.

Great fit since then.

93 degrees today. No problemo for this helmet! Actually, probably cooler with it on sheilding the sun.

Great air flow does come with some noise, but not bad at all.

Now my Nolan, that's a noisy ass boom box helmet.

Only 3 minuses to the Rf-1000.

1. Liner not removable for washing.

2. Cool ass iradium visors are like $65. (too expensive)

3. Cool weather fogging is very poor. Cracked visor and breath gaurd help, but newer brands claim to eliminate this issue.

The pluses are almost to many to list.

very light, aerodynamic, tight sealing visor, easy mounting for speakers, cool paint options, easy sheild changes...

yadda, yadda, yadda....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto...
And you got a good deal on the RF1000 too ;)
Yep...

Researched helmets for a long time and came up with the same result. Had an Arai before...i would say the Arai was a touch more comfy but the RF-1000 blows it away in everything else...way quieter, better aerodynamics, smaller hard shell (less alien look), visor system wayyy better, from switching the visor, to opening and closing it, great ventilation....

Good deal?

Boy, I'll say. I have seven helmets now and for that price would of purchased another.

hh

I love my RF1000 - I did get the chrome mirror shield - expensive but good reflective properties - like it alot