Shoei X11 VS RF1100

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17287

Reaction score
In this small town I cannot find a Shoei X11 anywhere to try on. I have questions.

Can anyone that has tried on both the X11 and RF1100 tell me if they fit approximately the same? I have tried on the RF1100 and I like it but I have found on-line discontinued X11s for cheaper ($100 cheaper)than the RF1100.

Also with the X11 being more of a "race" helmet is there room for my Autocom speakers or is it too narrow?

Thanks in advance!!

I have an X11 and have had speakers installed with no problems. Up side of the X11 is better venting and the liner can be removed completely. I don't know about the new RF1100 but, my X11 is lighter than my wifes RF1000 and hers is smaller. Hope this helps a little.

I have used a size medium X-11 for the last 5-6 years, and it fit me well.

(Notice new paragraph J.B.) :p

I recently replaced it with a medium RF1100. At first it was very comfortable, but I found it had less room in the chin-bar

area for mouth.

Then I found that it gave me a headache in the forehead area if I wore it for longer than 1 1/2 hours at a time.

Either my head has grown, (some say "Impossible!"), or it is smaller front to back than the X-11.

I don't know about speaker fitment.

Medium Shoei RF1100 in Light Silver appearing in classifieds soon.

John

Thanks for the replies...I am glad the speakers fit because I am leaning toward the X11 for the price.

Then I found that it gave me a headache in the forehead area if I wore it for longer than 1 1/2 hours at a time.
I read that the X11 was more of a oval head then the RF 1100. I know I am a very oval head.

Thanks again!!

I just purchased a Shoei Quest, It's touted as being a touring helmet. I have it outfitted with a Scala Rider Q4 and I love it. I tried the other two helmets and couldn't feel a difference in weight. It uses the same faceshield and it's very quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the x-11 with a J&M setup for 3 years now with no problems. I really like the better venting, but it dislike the additional noise I get over the x-sp it replaced. Hope this helps.