shoie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodantking

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a new helment. Its down to the RF-1000 or the TZ-R. I am not seeing a lot of differance between the two other than $60. Does any one have both and 2 cents they want to throw out there.

I've found the RF-1000 to be substantially noisier that past helmets even with all the vents closed. Others have observed this as well so it ain't just the funny shape of my noggin. I've had mine for 8 months and have no other complaints.

I've found the RF-1000 to be substantially noisier that past helmets even with all the vents closed. Others have observed this as well so it ain't just the funny shape of my noggin. I've had mine for 8 months and have no other complaints.
+1

Wicked frickin' (wind) noisy. Other than that, much love for the RF1000.

Wind noise drives me crazy! Long days my ears ring in my HJC with out ear plugs. I have not had the best of luck with plugs either. Can't find one that won't drive me more nutty than the wind and still hear music clearly when I want to turn it on.

Any one try the TZ-R?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, the 1000 is quiter than the RF-800. :huh:
It ain't the helmet makin' the noise Mike... (tee-hee!) :D

You didn't think I'd let that one pass, did you? ;)
You know your toying with head of security for WFO5, right? It's gonna make for some long cold nights outside in the parking lot for ya. :D

I'll fetch you some hot cocoa and biccies if you want? :lol:

For me, the 1000 is quiter than the RF-800. :huh:
It ain't the helmet makin' the noise Mike... (tee-hee!) :D

You didn't think I'd let that one pass, did you? ;)
You know your toying with head of security for WFO5, right? It's gonna make for some long cold nights outside in the parking lot for ya. :D

I'll fetch you some hot cocoa and biccies if you want? :lol:
Hey, he might be twice my tall, two times my big and double my fast, but me no scared of him!

And, WTF's a biccie?