Shopping for Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFlight

Reaction score
I’m looking to add some cheap insurance to my ride so I’m shopping for sliders. It seems there are many choices in size type and cost. Does price really make a big difference do you get what you pay for? I checked on eBay and Bike Bandit. If you know of any good online sites, that would be helpful too.

The next items on my wish list will be an alarm system, and a wireless intercom/mp3/phone setup a few paychecks down the road.

Thanks for any input

Wait 'till tomorrow (friday), you'll get alot of responses!

In the meantime try the search feature. There's several types/materials talked about.

I have Motovation Sliders on my '05. They were expensive for me, due to the offset brackets required to avoid drilling the plastic.

I use GSG Moko from WHA on my '06. There is a lot of junk out there, so buyer beware. Whichever ones you choose to purchase, make sure they have a steel insert in the Delrin or you'll never keep the engine mount bolt tight.

Check out Scorpio for alarms. Quality piece and worth the price.

--G

Your going to get lots of folks explaining how to utilize the search features (Some nicer than others).

Here is the link to the sliders I have (still in tact) but price/quality seems to be right.

OES SLIDERS

Here is how to use Google for FJRFORUM specific search

Let me Google that for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Your going to get lots of folks explaining how to utilize the search features (Some nicer than others).
I was trying to be nice! Once I got into using the search feature, I learned alot more about my bike. It also gave me access to the entire forum population, not just those who were around that day.

So, happy searching!!

I was trying to be nice! Once I got into using the search feature, I learned alot more about my bike. It also gave me access to the entire forum population, not just those who were around that day.

So, happy searching!!
You quoted me as if I was referring to your reply, I was not. Just sending a heads up not to take some of the "Friday" style replied personal.

Wait 'till tomorrow (friday), you'll get alot of responses!
In the meantime try the search feature. There's several types/materials talked about.

I have Motovation Sliders on my '05. They were expensive for me, due to the offset brackets required to avoid drilling the plastic.
I tried the search option and I’m having a hard time finding what I want but then again I am still learning how to use this forum and it’s features. The Motovation sliders do seem to be popular. Thanks for ur input.

Here is the link to the sliders I have (still in tact) but price/quality seems to be right.

OES SLIDERS

Hey thanks for the feedback that’s a great way to search and the recommendation on the OES sliders. It’s really nice to have such a plethora of information on one forum.

Well, I put T-Rex on my 09 Feejer for like $20 plus shipping. They are Delrin with an Aluminum Sleeve and Anodized (not Stainless) fasteners.

For my ride it was a dead-simple unbolt/rebolt job that even I had the patience to do... Right into the mid-height Engine Mount Location on both sides. Could NOT be any easier!!

They've done a good job of saving my plastic on two occasions now... THANKS Cagers!! Thanks T-Rex!!

That's my $0.02 to share...

Scott

OES SLIDERS

I second fjr pilot .....I put the OES on mine too ...great product just be sure to follow the torque specs

Last edited by a moderator: