should I report these guys to the BBB?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought my 2005 FJR in for new tires to be put on Saturday. On Sunday I just wanted to check tire pressure. Its supposed to be 26psi front and rear. What did the mechanic put? 35psi. Then I noticed the front wheel is extremly hard to turn (rotate) when proped up. So , thinking it would shake loose I took it for a short ride. Brought it back, proped up the front and the front wheel is still hard to rotate. If that wasn't bad enough, when I turn the handel bars all the way to the right the engine check light comes on!! WTF!! I am taking it back Monday. If they make me pay for this screw up I am reporting them to BBB. Arlington Motorsports, in Arlington Heights, IL.
That's why I do ALL my own work...........

I brought my 2005 FJR in for new tires to be put on Saturday. On Sunday I just wanted to check tire pressure. Its supposed to be 26psi front and rear.
Is there a big difference between Gen I and Gen II ? My Owner's Manual specifies 39 psi front and back.

26 lbs. of pressure is low. Most peeps run between 39 to 42 lbs. pressure. So I wouldn't go after them for the tire pressure.

You also may have some drag from the brake pads which is also normal. If you expect your front tire to just free wheel it ain't gonna happen.

Now as far as the ckeck engine light when fully turned! Not sure on that one but I seem to remember someone else having the same issue recently.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Something will get hot (bearings,rotor or brake pads) if they are dragging after you ride it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the light be related to the ABS? Seems reasonable to consider since the wheel was removed...otherwise, you probably ought to see if there's a chafed wire somewhere up front.

Tire PSIs around here usually revolve around 39-42 here (42 rear, 40 front for me)....those pressures seem to be the best for Feej.

If I remember correctly, the recommended psi shown on the swingarm is 26 lbs. Not sure why, it handles like crap at those pressures.