Side bag lock set

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL4435

Reaction score
Unlocked the side bag after coming back from work, and the lock set fell off the bag ... cylinder still hanging from the key. I found one of the small screws that go into the bottom of the cylinder, the other is MIA. I hate to purchase an entire new lock set because I need one of these special little screws. Looks like I will visit the lock smith this weekend ... I am sure they will be highly motivated to land a sale of one small screw ... if they even have such an item that is a perfect fit.

<after extremely frustrating effort with hyperlinks .... perhaps I am NOT a frickin' genius>

Try googling this: "side bag lock site:fjrforum.com".

Yeah, no one imagines it can happen until it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just replace the screw (all of them) with SS Allen-head screws (or Phillips or Torx). No need for the special security head; its not like anyone can get to them when the bag is locked! Can't remember the size but there's nothing special about them. Needless to say, a dab of blue Loctite goes a long way toward preventing a reoccurrence.

This ^^^^ is the ticket.

IIRC, size is M3 X 7, look for them at your local hardware store. I used stainless phillips head with just a dab of blue loctite.

--G

Check the other bag as well. The dealers have been remiss in applying loc-tite. I use red loc-tite as I have no intention of removing them.
Do what this man says or you will feel like shit
rolleyes.gif