Side case straps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionswings

Reaction score
Since I bought my 2005 used I'm not sure if there was any kind of straps is the side cases. I made some real cheap and easy, thought I'd share. Picture

Since I bought my 2005 used I'm not sure if there was any kind of straps is the side cases. I made some real cheap and easy, thought I'd share. Picture

Looks a lot like the originals, but the loops used velcro so you can adjust them at the mount points or remove if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks a lot like the originals, but the loops used velcro so you can adjust them at the mount points or remove if needed.
Thanks for the info...wish I would have thought to use velcro also.

P1010074_edited.jpg

That's freakin' NICE.....make me a set, okay?

Since they're for an '05, they won't slow down Frankenbike.

BTW, did you hand-sew the strap ends to the attachment loops or is there some other attachment method I can't determine from the pics?

Last edited by a moderator:

BTW, did you hand-sew the strap ends to the attachment loops or is there some other attachment method I can't determine from the pics?
Sure, I could make you some. No, I used Shoe Goo It very flexable and holds great. I bought the buckles at the hardware store for about $1.20 each and bought 5 yards of 1"elastic band off ebay for dirt cheap. (I have plenty of elastic band left over)

The straps just pissed me off. Took the straps off and installed two bungee cords. They are much easier to use. Hooked the front solid, put an o-ring in the middle and put o-rings in the back to made it easy to hook and unhook the bungee cords.

P1010074_edited.jpg

Oh, elastic, cool. The stock ones are just nylon webbing, which is what necessitates the velcro (or yanking them out so they stop getting caught in the opening every time you grab something out of the bags...)

Oh, elastic, cool. The stock ones are just nylon webbing, which is what necessitates the velcro (or yanking them out so they stop getting caught in the opening every time you grab something out of the bags...)
Oh, that makes since now.

These with the elastic and buckle in the center (For a quick disconnect) work great! I hated opening the cases and having crap fall out.

They are on their way! :clapping:

The straps just pissed me off. Took the straps off and installed two bungee cords. They are much easier to use. Hooked the front solid, put an o-ring in the middle and put o-rings in the back to made it easy to hook and unhook the bungee cords.
Can you post a pic of that? My straps are a little irritating too, and if your method works better.............................