Sidecase covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I order a new sidecase cover from University Motors if they come from factory prepainted or do I have to get it painted after I get it.

My has some bad scratches and I am trying to decide if I should have it painted or just get a new one.

Thanks

Yes from what I have heard they come painted...

I was going to call to order one, just don't have the $$ yet.. and winter is coming...

Gary McCoy retails side cases for $406 each?

grabbed this info from another post

Last edited by a moderator:
Side covers come painted to exactly match the bike. All you have to do is drill out the old rivets and install new ones. I've found that some side covers come with the reflector and some don't all come with the side bumper and Yama label. I end up taking off the reflectors I think the look is cooler.

Just got price from university on the cover only. $331.00 plus 10.00 shipping. And he confirmed it is painted.

My cover is not phyicaly damaged just scrathed up because my budddy slightly hit me by getting to close at a stop so I am taking to a body shop to be repainted.

My cover is not phyicaly damaged just scrathed up because my budddy slightly hit me by getting to close at a stop so I am taking to a body shop to be repainted.

Yea mine is scratched as well but structurally its fine. The body shop will be able to match it, right? Does Gary sand and paint covers as well??

contact member "Garauld"

Search "members" for his email.

He will repaint scratched cases.