Sidecase Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard-Peter

Reaction score
My wife said she couldn't tell how big my rear was in the dark! So I did some looking for after market stuff and came up short. I did not want to drill holes in the cases and needed to maintain the quick removal capability. The solution was LED strips that tie into the stop and turn circuits. To quick connection is a small audio jack with a o-ring to seal. The wires are bonded to the outside of the case (which was an adventure in itself) with heat shrink upto and over the jack.
I have 12K Miles and still bonded
My wife can now see how wide my rear is in the dark.

Peter

https://s970.photobucket.com/user/Pblacklin/media/photo_zpsb9455717.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by a moderator:
I went the cheaper option, but still thinking of some high intensity turn signals on the panniers.

bike%2520tape%25201.jpg

Reflective tape is also very good. Only draw back is it needs light to reflect.... but when it does... WOW
punk.gif
I also have a little bit of reflective tape on my side cases

Nice, I too am running the reflective stickers. I'm always amazed at how much light they reflect when I pull up to my garage at night.

Nice, I too am running the reflective stickers. I'm always amazed at how much light they reflect when I pull up to my garage at night.
+1

One thing I like about the reflective stickers is that they need no power from the bike to do their job. If the bike lost all power which could happen in a crash it would still be visible to oncoming cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts