Sidi Boot Repair

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
After 10 wondeful years in my Sidi boots - the right boot zipper failed. The zipper slide, slid right off the top end when I zipped the zipper closed. Anybody know how to fix this piece? Eeek, I'm leaving for my annual trip to Montana and lucky at least the boot velcro holds the boot somewhat closed.

TIA Mates.

Scoot

My really old SIDI Air champions had the zipper fail and all the cobbler replaced with the zipper slide part

Works fine now

He also replaced the full zipper in a barrel bag. Both together was like $15 plus tax.

Got my first job thanks to a shoe cobbler way back when. Had a pair of wing tips that refused to die, I wanted penny loafers except I was going to put dimes in mine.

Dad took me to a cobbler instead who proceeded to put soles twice as thick as the originals on the wing tips. I pitched a bitch and Dad marched me around behind the shop to the cement block building where the newsboys picked up their papers. Swore I was 13 to the station manager since I looked a bit small- I was 11.

I bought a rural paper route that was availabe on the spot, a wooden Detroit News wagon, a pair of saddle bags and a shoulder bag and my first weeks worth of papers with $65 loaned to me by Dad.

Started the route 10 minutes later pulling the wagon in my re-cobbled wingtips, 1st customers house was 3 miles away, fortunately in the direction of home by route end. Paid Dad back within the 1st month and bought 2 additional routes that overlapped the original- Free Press in the mornings, the original Detroit News in the afternoon and the Plymouth/Northville Observer on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Never looked back and for the most part never unemployed through several career changes for more than a few weeks until retirement nearly 2 years ago - no matter what it was I had to do. Got my penny loafers and a lesson that served me well throughout life- Thanks Dad !

Its amazing what you can get at the cobblers, hope they are still around as I've not seen one in nearly 20 years.