Sidi Champion Air Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonRed7

Reaction score
I'm almost ready to do an order from New Enough for some gear,...And my boot decision so far is with the Champion Air. Anyone have any input with either the specific boot OR the style of(Med High cut) and it's comfort. Sorry no link....

-Don

I'm almost ready to do an order from New Enough for some gear,...And my boot decision so far is with the Champion Air. Anyone have any input with either the specific boot OR the style of(Med High cut) and it's comfort. Sorry no link....
-Don
I have a pair and would never buy them again. The quality in mine leaves a lot to be desired. They are comfortable once you can get them on correctly. The zipper constantly gets stuck in the material when you pull up or down. I've had to get a pair of pliers on occasion to pull the zipper down just so I could that damn things of my foot. (And I have lubed the zipper, it didn't help.) This results in tears in the material defeating the idea of the boots keeping water out. I originally bought them because they were on sale, my stupidity. I'm think of these

LINK

or these

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Strada Evo Air boots. They are VERY nice quality, but they are made very narrow and smallish. The vents work quite well.

A more comfortable boot for me, and it is actually better airflow/cooler is the Oxtar Air Tech boot. High quality, comfortable fit and walking right out of the box. And they are waterPROOF because of the Gortex lining, but most of the non-critical area is a mesh that lets the air flow through.

So now I have an all around warm weather riding boot, even in the rain!

Default.jpg

I have a pair of the Sidi's, and I love them. I also had a problem with the zipper getting caught until I figured out what it was getting caught on...no problem now. I find them comfortable and light...my 2 cents

I have a pair, and they work good for hot and dry rides.

If you can only have one pair, I'd pick Oxtar Matrix II gore-tex.

Try the discussion here

I have two pair and I like them very much...cant remember the model names but one pair has a zipper and "vents" for hot weather riding and the other has three cinch straps. First time I ordered I had problems getting right size but I will definitely buy these again.

Ron