Simple Audiovox Control Pad Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jayke

There are several posts of creative Audiovox Control pad mounts, but nothing really simple. Below is a picture of simple Control Pad Mount.

The plate is just a rectangular piece of brass or aluminum sheet with two holes drilled in it and painted flat black. You can use any material that is not too flexible. One hole is for the wires from Audiovox Control pad and the other hole is for mounting the plate to the threaded hole that is under the plastic cap on the clutch perch. You can vary the location of the clutch perch hole to suit you own preference (closer to or father away from the grip). Small pieces of sheet metal should be available at your local hardware store.

If you use silicone sealant on the control pad before installation, it is completely waterproof. The vertical orientation has no effect on the water resistance of the control pad. I can operate the control pad with just my index finger without taking my hand off the grip

Jayke

FJR.jpg

Just an inexpensive way to make a mount yourself. Skyway's mount is well-crafted but expensive. I just wanted something simple and thought I'd share my idea.

Jayke