Simple set-up of Satelite radio, phone etc

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML-FJR13AE

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not an expert on computers (or electronics for that matter, which this is about) but hopefully you can see this picture (or copy it into your browser):

https://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/M...upofFJR13AE.jpg

It shows a very simple way of how I have set up my Sirius radio, Iphone and a video recorder to my communication system (baehr). The camera to the recorder is hidden under the front fairing below the front light.

It works great. I have had the bike at high speed (let's not say how high; but HIGH) while being on the phone with my wife hearing everything clearly as if she was sitting next to me.

The only problem I have is to tab the screen on the Iphone with gloves on - you know; to turn up/down the volume, change music, make a call etc. I can do it but it's kind of tricky. The phone automatically picks up when someone calls me, so, I have no problems answering it. The radio (or the build in Ipod in the phone) automatically fades out when the phone is in use.

Does anyone out there have product knowledge of anything I can install on my bike to link between the phone and communication system to adjust the volume etc?

Hi,
I'm not an expert on computers (or electronics for that matter, which this is about) but hopefully you can see this picture (or copy it into your browser):

Set-upofFJR13AE.jpg

It shows a very simple way of how I have set up my Sirius radio, Iphone and a video recorder to my communication system (baehr). The camera to the recorder is hidden under the front fairing below the front light.

It works great. I have had the bike at high speed (let's not say how high; but HIGH) while being on the phone with my wife hearing everything clearly as if she was sitting next to me.

The only problem I have is to tab the screen on the Iphone with gloves on - you know; to turn up/down the volume, change music, make a call etc. I can do it but it's kind of tricky. The phone automatically picks up when someone calls me, so, I have no problems answering it. The radio (or the build in Ipod in the phone) automatically fades out when the phone is in use.

Does anyone out there have product knowledge of anything I can install on my bike to link between the phone and communication system to adjust the volume etc?

Starcom or Autocom sounds like the ticket

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sin Loki. I'll check it out.

Lompoc huh? - I was just up in Solvang yesterday with my FJR. I went with a couple of guys from Buena Vista MC to the museum.

Does the baehr not have a remote volume switch like the StarCom?

Hmm, don't know???!

Good question !

Thanks Sin Loki. I'll check it out.
Lompoc huh? - I was just up in Solvang yesterday with my FJR. I went with a couple of guys from Buena Vista MC to the museum.

eh kinda overrated, but they have some cool bike there, i guess when you live locally is not that big a deal.

although Jalama beach never get old.

Does the baehr not have a remote volume switch like the StarCom?

Hmm, don't know???!

Good question !
if your handy with electronics, this might be a cheap fix, that way you turn the volume up on your iphone then control with a controler mounted "somewhere" in reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem you will run into trying to amplify the signal from your phone to your system is that the cord also acts as the return line for your voice to the phone. Amps do not normally allow for that 2 way path. A Autocom Super Pro AVI or Active Plus has automatic volume adjustment(super pro) and manual adjustment (active plus) which would allow one to adjust that volume. Kieth in Tulsa B)

Hi,

Set-upofFJR13AE.jpg

Starcom or Autocom sounds like the ticket

Hi,

https://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/M...upofFJR13AE.jpg

I use this: Mix-It Amplifier

It connects between all your electronics and your intercom and works great. It allows you to adjust the volume coming into your intercom and even prioritizes. For example, if the radar detector goes off, it lowers your music volume so you hear the detector warning clearly. I tried various approaches and am finally happy with my setup.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for your responses; I've got a bit to look into.

The Baehr communication system that I have prioritizes the different attachments too and will lower the volume of the different electronics depending how I prioritized it. It even adjust the volume according to the noise level around me (traffic, wind etc). The only problem I have is adjusting the volume of the build-in Ipod on the Iphone as I please without having to mess with my gloves on the screen. You know; sometimes you just want to turn down the volume a bit or pump it up.

I'll look at your different systems proposed to me. I'm sure I'll find what I need.

Again thank you all.

Give me a call, will be glad to discuss it with you. this stuff gets complicated.........Kieth in Tulsa 918-446-2245 or e mail me your phone # [email protected] advise is cheap hardware costs money !! :yahoo:

The Baehr communication system that I have prioritizes the different attachments too and will lower the volume of the different electronics depending how I prioritized it. It even adjust the volume according to the noise level around me (traffic, wind etc). The only problem I have is adjusting the volume of the build-in Ipod on the Iphone as I please without having to mess with my gloves on the screen. You know; sometimes you just want to turn down the volume a bit or pump it up.

I'll look at your different systems proposed to me. I'm sure I'll find what I need.

Again thank you all.

Keith ... come to SJ on a ride and set up my bike :yahoo: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

:rolleyes:

Give me a call, will be glad to discuss it with you. this stuff gets complicated.........Kieth in Tulsa 918-446-2245 or e mail me your phone # [email protected] advise is cheap hardware costs money !! :yahoo:

Again thank you all.