Sirius Radio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatoneMuerto

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this out there for a little info purposes.Sirius has dropped the price of a lifetime membership to $399!It was over $500 for a long time.There are also some other promos going on with the offer like a free radio with a minimum of 3 months at a huge discount.I was considering renewing my XM for my GMC but have several inactive Sirius radios.The cost of renewing my XM for three years was going to be over $350.So now my Stilleto keeps on playing and dont have to worry about the renewal date.Sure beats hearing the same old mp3's!I also found out that an xm antenna works great on my Sportster radio.They are less likely to get broken since their sheathing is better

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my lifetime Sirius subscription back when they were originally $400. They dropped them completely, then brought them back with the higher pricing for a while. 3 years and then it's all gravy.

Listen to it all the time.

My understanding is that the lifetime subscription is for the life of the equipment. Once your receiver goes tits up, you have to buy new equipment and a new subscription. I'd love a lifetime sub with the ability to switch it from reciever to reciever.

We let our Sirius account expire. I personally liked XM better. They had some better choices and some music changed for the worse IMO, for say classic rock, Sirius is way different then I remember from XM. XM's Blues station was pretty good too.

Cool you got a LT membership. Enjoy.

My understanding is that the lifetime subscription is for the life of the equipment. Once your receiver goes tits up, you have to buy new equipment and a new subscription. I'd love a lifetime sub with the ability to switch it from reciever to reciever.
True that. Also, the equipment is not the *highest* quality...probably for that reason. I bought a lifetime membership, and went through FOUR fookin recievers on the feejer because they won't live through being put on and removed from the cradle every day. Fortunatley, the warrenty covered the three replacements over the FIRST YEAR! After that, I just took it off the bike and it lives permantly in my truck. So far so good, but don't plan on it surviving very long if you need to remove it from the cradle more than 5 times a year! :angry:

You can transfer the subscription to another receiver. I think they charge a fee of 75.00 to do this and you can do it 4 or 5 times. I have had my lifetime subscription for about 5 yrs now and so far all is well. Still using the original receiver. I added another one for the bike and pay it yearly, about 80.00 as the receivers don't last on the bike and it does not cost me to change them on a yearly plan.

It's for the lifetime of the receiver but is transferable 4 times - 5 receivers (if inside warranty, then it doesn't count against the 4). I had one receiver die and was replaced without it counting against my 4 because it was under warranty. Other than that, the receiver sits in the tank bag, is moved between the bike, a boom box in the garage, and a cradle at the office. No more troubles. Sirius doesn't make the receivers, serveral different mfgrs do. Mayhaps you got a model/mfgr that fell short on their design. I've since moved the lifetime sub to the receiver in my car (for the $50 fee) and activate the portable one as an addition.