sizing help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to get a pair of HT Air Overpants. What I need help with is the sizing before I order them (yes I HAVE to order them as no dealer around here carries them). I wear 38" waist pants and I've read you order the size you normally wear. But what about inseam? I'm a 32" inseam so do I get the regular or tall Overpants? TIA

Tom

I've got the HT air overpant and I ordered my waist size - fit fine. I didn't know you could get them in different lengths though!

Here's my $.02: Order them from newenough.com. Give them a call and they will help you decide which length is appropriate for your inseam. They are top notch and will take good care of ya!!

Good luck!! JW

I've got the HT air overpant and I ordered my waist size - fit fine. I didn't know you could get them in different lengths though!
+1 In fact I have grown a little bit since I bought the HTs so my normal pants are an inch bigger than my HTs and they still fit fine.

Too big and they'll flap in the wind. Too small and they'll be uncomfortable and if they stretch they may lose their ability to keep water out. Too big is probably better than too small.

Get the tall version. Don't waste your time figuring it out. I have the same pair, 36" waste with "regular" inseam length. I have a 29 1/2 inseam. The regulars are by no means too long. I believe the long version length is 34". sound correct? 2" longer than your std inseam is good, considering overpants shorten up when you bend your leg.

Here's my $.02: Order them from newenough.com. Give them a call and they will help you decide which length is appropriate for your inseam. They are top notch and will take good care of ya!!
Good luck!! JW
JW.....I can get them for the same price locally so I'd rather throw my local a "bone" for taking such good care of my FJR. But thanks for you help, you and everyone else.

Tom