Skyway Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
Do the delrin Skyway front sliders stick out far enough to protect the bike adequately? I've seen a few mention that some of the front sliders are not long enough to protect adequately.

This site has obviously had a falling out with this vendor but are the Delrins he sold any good? Buying a bike tommorrow with a set that was never installed. Should I install them or buy something else?

Skyway's delrin sliders do not have a metal insert like some others. Without that insert the delrin will compress when you tighten the bolts that go through them and you can not get an accurate torque when tightening.

This site has obviously had a falling out with this vendor but are the Delrins he sold any good? Buying a bike tommorrow with a set that was never installed. Should I install them or buy something else?
Perfect clarification.

I would install them.

Skyway's delrin sliders do not have a metal insert like some others. Without that insert the delrin will compress when you tighten the bolts that go through them and you can not get an accurate torque when tightening.
The ones i purchased from SKyway have the metal inserts. Haven't tested them though.

For the record, the sliders arrived promptly but with incorrectly sized bolts, which were quickly shipped to me when I notified them.

The ones i purchased from SKyway have the metal inserts. Haven't tested them though.

For the record, the sliders arrived promptly but with incorrectly sized bolts, which were quickly shipped to me when I notified them.
Cool. He must have changed them from the earlier ones he made. Since they have the inserts they should be fine.

Some protection is always better than no protection, I say install them. I'm running the all metal SkyWay sliders.