Skyway sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2shabby

Reaction score
What size socket fits the bolts? I've tried all mine...looks like a trip to Sears hardware...again!

Last edited by a moderator:
What size socket fits the bolts? I've tried all mine...looks like a trip to Sears hardware...again!

I don't remember. It is metric if I remember correctly. There may be an SAE socket "close enough" to use. Bring the bolt with you and size it up at the store.

I use these as convenient moments to inform the wife I need to spend more money for tools -- great excuse for a full socket set. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't remember. It is metric if I remember correctly. There may be an SAE socket "close enough" to use. Bring the bolt with you and size it up at the store.

I use these as convenient moments to inform the wife I need to spend more money for tools -- great excuse for a full socket set. :rolleyes:

Good luck.
That'd be a little hard to do...they're on the bike! I'm selling the Skyways to a guy at work that bought an 06 and getting some OES's.

Thanx!

That'd be a little hard to do...they're on the bike! I'm selling the Skyways to a guy at work that bought an 06 and getting some OES's.
Mind if I ask what you're getting for them? I've got a pair sitting in my parts box I'm thinking of getting rid of. Never "tested" but have a bit of that pitting from riding around in the flow for 10 or 15K miles.

Thanks and good luck.

<<snip>> Bring the bolt with you and size it up at the store.

Thanx!
Glad you got your answer. But dood, you could remove one bolt for a few minutes and bring it to the store to size the bolt head. The engine won't fall out. After all, to remove them to sell them you will have to remove one. Don't remove both at the same time though.

Glad you got your answer. But dood, you could remove one bolt for a few minutes and bring it to the store to size the bolt head. The engine won't fall out. After all, to remove them to sell them you will have to remove one. Don't remove both at the same time though.
I think he was referring to the fact that they are on his bike, he doesn't know the socket size to take it off the bike to take it into the store to test the size.