Skyway windshield spacer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Coming back from a ride, :D

first time of my life at this time of the year in Montreal ( no snow... )

saw another 3 bikes on the highway :D

was a month that the bike was in the garage :(

First ride with my new PC III and the windshield spacer made by Skyway

With the PC III what a difference WOW ! :)

And with the windshield spacer, what a difference also, guys it is really worthed !!!

I feel good !!! :yahoo: so good !!! :yahoo:

:D :D :D

Coming back from a ride, :D first time of my life at this time of the year in Montreal ( no snow... )

saw another 3 bikes on the highway :D

was a month that the bike was in the garage :(

First ride with my new PC III and the windshield spacer made by Skyway

With the PC III what a difference WOW ! :)

And with the windshield spacer, what a difference also, guys it is really worthed !!!

I feel good !!! :yahoo: so good !!! :yahoo:

:D :D :D
Glad I asked for the spacer for Christmas! I hope I get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the VStream shield on an '05. Just installed the shield spacers by Skyway. I settled on the VStream, after trying four other shields, because of overall performance .....quieter, good protection, and no back pressure. While I was not experiencing any excessive buffeting. I do belive the spacers have practically eleminated what buffeting there was. It is an inexpensive farkle that is easy to install and is one that does work.

Black_mamba,

Today was my first ride with the spacers and the Vstream, and I concur that there was a definite reduction in buffeting but not an elimination. I'm 6'2", so I think my head still enters the air stream. I also have a noisy Nolan helmet.

How tall are you, and what type of helmet do you use? Hope this isn't too personal.

dgfella

Ain't nothing in life perfect, so we work with what we have. I'm glad that you guys are seeing some improvement. I like the spacers because with the increased airflow in the down position, I can survive with the barn door year round.

This comes into play more during the summer when running 24hrs, I can still get good protection at night when the temps drop.

Do the spacers work with any shelf out there? I saw no on the n/line or fjrgoodies shelf, but was curious if there were other shelves out there the spacers work with. I defintely get a buffeting with the stock windshield and if I can reduce it some I'll be happy!

Black_mamba,
Today was my first ride with the spacers and the Vstream, and I concur that there was a definite reduction in buffeting but not an elimination. I'm 6'2", so I think my head still enters the air stream. I also have a noisy Nolan helmet.

How tall are you, and what type of helmet do you use? Hope this isn't too personal.

dgfella

5'11'' And I ride with a Shoei RF-1000

Do the spacers work with any shelf out there? I saw no on the n/line or fjrgoodies shelf, but was curious if there were other shelves out there the spacers work with. I defintely get a buffeting with the stock windshield and if I can reduce it some I'll be happy!
When I was thinking of adding a shelf, I knew the spacers would be an issue. I figured I'd just not move the screen down far enough to hit the stuff on the shelf.
With the auto retract disabled, it's only a matter of whether or not you can tolerate not lowering the screen enough to hit something, right?. I'm assuming that the screen wouldn't hit the shelf itself or interfere with its mounting, but I could be wrong, haven't tried to mount the shelf yet. Anybody wanna buy one (Top Gun)?

IIRC someone is in the process of trying out my spacer kit with the windshield auto retract disconnected. You guys are doing so many different variations of farkles, I can't keep up. :dribble:

OK, based on the positive feedback, and the fact that Skyway rocks, I ordered a set.

After driving about a week or so with them, they do make a difference. I'd say, given that I am 6'2" with a Nolan N100 and V-Stream, they reduce the noise by about 20%. They lower the visual line between the V-Stream and the horizon a fair amount, which is the 'noticeable' part of this mod to me. I imagine I'll get used to it, and actually prefer it. They do not create dead silence for me like others, which is a shame.

Overall, I'm another satisfied Skyway customer :D

OK, based on the positive feedback, and the fact that Skyway rocks, I ordered a set.
After driving about a week or so with them, they do make a difference. I'd say, given that I am 6'2" with a Nolan N100 and V-Stream, they reduce the noise by about 20%. They lower the visual line between the V-Stream and the horizon a fair amount, which is the 'noticeable' part of this mod to me. I imagine I'll get used to it, and actually prefer it. They do not create dead silence for me like others, which is a shame.

Overall, I'm another satisfied Skyway customer :D
Being that I'm not 6"2' and sit on a Corbin canyon seat I am quite a bit lower that stock and the aftermarket offerings. You may not have hit any tight twisty roads yet, but when you do, you'll be happy that your windshield is lower for extra visibility of the road. I don't like riding twisties while looking through the windshield.

Also in the down position there is noticeably more/smoother air flow than normal. If/when you decide to pick up the speed for sustained periods of time, I have found a sweet spot that gives me even more silence than I could get with the stock setup. After long hours in the saddle moving at a decent clip, I would sometimes get ringing in my ears, even with ear plugs, this problem has now gone away for me.

IIRC someone is in the process of trying out my spacer kit with the windshield auto retract disconnected. You guys are doing so many different variations of farkles, I can't keep up. :dribble:
Ok - so it does work, you just cant lower the windshield all the way down then? I've got my auto retract disabled so that wont be an issue. I wonder if there would be able way to dremel the shelf to get clearance. I havent seen either the spacer or shelf in person to know where it hits so all I can do is speculate...

skyway, +1 on smoother air with the spacers and the max down position. I've never been happy with max down and the V-Stream. It seems like the addition of the spacers has made the airflow just right for me. A hot summer might be tolerable now!

I wonder if there would be able way to dremel the shelf to get clearance. I havent seen either the spacer or shelf in person to know where it hits so all I can do is speculate...
Forget the dremel for this project, there's just way to much interference to deal with. The windshield auto retract would be the way to go on this if it works. A photo and feedback of this setup will answer the questions. Hopefully someone will post up with results soon.