Slider installation - Volar Motorsport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellerophon

Reaction score
Okay I bought a set of Volmar sliders, but they did not come with any instructions for installation. Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I searched the forum but did not find a thread on how to install these. I have a few questions I'm hoping some of my fellow FJR riders can answer. Picture below.

• Which one of these goes on the right and which one on the left?
Which one does the spacer go on and where?

Do the washers go between the slider and the frame, or do they go between the bolt head and the slider.

What kind of Loctite should I use?

What is the torque setting for the bolts?

FS049-Black.jpg

I really appreciate the help folks.

So who sells parts like this with no instructions??? I wondered if you'd bought them new or from a second party who lost one spacer, but got curious and found the Volar website and the pic is the same one you posted. I'd call em up and ask. 877-232-6686. I'm not sure if they just don't update the site, but under these sliders is: "Fitment: 2006-2007 Yamaha FJR1300." Doubt if they changed from 07 to 08 tho. I believe it's 35 ft-lbs from the Gen II bin-o-facts. Somebody correct that if not. Washers under the bolt heads. Spacer, I dunno. Ditto left/right thing. And it's Blue Loctite. Always blue. I own a KLR. I KNOW Loctite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you supposed to Loc-tite those? They're engine mount bolts, and as the Delrin ages, they'll need re-torquing.

Hey thanks for the reply Mike. I did buy them new, but no instructions were included. I did check the Volar web-site as well, but like you said, no instructions there either. I did manage to answer my own questions though.

Just by trial fitment I determined that the one with the small collar goes on the left side and the one with the large collar goes on the right side.

The spacer goes inside the right slider to make the bolt the right length.

I put the washers between the bolt and the slider, not between the slider and the frame. Just like SacramentoMike said plus it seemed to make sense.

I stopped in to Snake River Yamaha, and spoke to the guys in the service department, and they looked up the torque setting for the two motor mount bolts. The Yamaha service manual says 33 ft lbs.

I did use the blue Loctite, I found that tidbit on FJR1300.info.

At any rate, I hope this thread helps anyone else who buys the Volmar Delrin sliders. They look good on the bike. I hope I never have to test their effectiveness.