Sliders 4.0 Kevlar Riding Jeans Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, good review! And I agree they are a great value for the money.

The cut, especially the length is "generous" !
rolleyes.gif

I have these jeans. Your review is spot on. Very comfortable. Previous iterations of these jeans had fewer belt loops which has been corrected with the 4's. These are some of my favorite riding pants.

Good review and thank you for the report.

When going on long distance rides I find that wearing pants without back pockets are more comfortable than with.

This may sound trivial, but every little creature comfort helps.

Do you think Slider might consider a no back pocket an option?

I thought you gave a very good review but the overall premise that these type of jeans actually give good protection is in dispute. Everyone knows that denim is very good at soaking up blood but it unfortunately offers very little real protection except on very smooth surfaces where it can slide without snagging. The protection that the kelvar used in these jeans provides is also in dispute. I attended a seminar several years ago hosted by Wayne Boyer, owner of Cycleport, and he said that kelvar has to be woven in order to provide abrasion and tear resistance and the kelvar used in these type of jeans is a cheap imitiation. The stretch kelvar Cycleport uses in their products is imported from Europe and costs $70 a yard (at that time). I have a pair of older dragging jeans that I sometimes use for quick trips to the store but I don't think they give a fraction of the protection that the Cycleport pants provide.

If you aren't familiar with Cycleport, take a look at:

https://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10:save-your-hide-guide&catid=1:articles&Itemid=22

Good review and thank you for the report.
When going on long distance rides I find that wearing pants without back pockets are more comfortable than with.

This may sound trivial, but every little creature comfort helps.

Do you think Slider might consider a no back pocket an option?
I don't know if they will do their jeans that way or not. I have some of their 3 season overpants that don't have back pockets, but they are more of a dedicated riding pant than armored jeans.

I thought you gave a very good review but the overall premise that these type of jeans actually give good protection is in dispute. Everyone knows that denim is very good at soaking up blood but it unfortunately offers very little real protection except on very smooth surfaces where it can slide without snagging. The protection that the kelvar used in these jeans provides is also in dispute. I attended a seminar several years ago hosted by Wayne Boyer, owner of Cycleport, and he said that kelvar has to be woven in order to provide abrasion and tear resistance and the kelvar used in these type of jeans is a cheap imitiation. The stretch kelvar Cycleport uses in their products is imported from Europe and costs $70 a yard (at that time). I have a pair of older dragging jeans that I sometimes use for quick trips to the store but I don't think they give a fraction of the protection that the Cycleport pants provide.
If you aren't familiar with Cycleport, take a look at:

https://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10:save-your-hide-guide&catid=1:articles&Itemid=22
I'll check Cycleport out. I know a lot of people throw kevlar jeans of any brand up for debate. For me, if I am going on a long ride or out specifically to ride I wear an armored overpant. Where I think these jeans fill a gear gap is when I commute to work. I don't wear my overpants because they are more trouble than I want to deal with. The kevlar jeans are definitely better than regular jeans and for me that's where they fit in. I know there are more heavy duty and maybe more fashionable ones out there, but the Sliders one are the only ones I have found in a price range I am willing to pay.

I appreciate you reading my review and responding back. The conversations that ensure after blog posts are my favorite part! :)

Good accurate review! My wife and I bought these jeans recently and wore them on a trip from Vegas to Zion Canyon. As described in the review, we found them comfortable and warm (temperature dropped to 43 on the ride). I expect they will be quite warm in summer heat. The fit is very generous and they are a bit baggier than average in the crotch area; this makes them comfortable when seated.

A few years ago I bought a pair of SLIDERS from Competition Accessories on-line.

When they arrived I tried them on and they were HUGE....like 2 sizes too big from what I normally wear even though I ordered the same waist size I wear in any jean. They were Huge all over, pant leg, butt, crotch, everywhere.

Also the fastener button was so loose and wobbly it felt like it was going to fall off at any time.

I returned them with no hassle from Competition and the next pair that came was the same way??

They gave me a refund no problem.

Now granted this was about 4 years ago or so so maybe the quality has improved.

I've found that "Draggin' Jeans" fit better and the quality of workmanship looks better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts