Sliders Cold Pro Waterproof Kevlar Gloves Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a clarifying question for the author that reviewed the glove.

He said, "During the cooler part of the day I did use my grip heaters on my Yamaha FJR1300. I also have Grip Puppies (https://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/) installed. I ran the heaters on high and I was able to feel the heat through the grip puppies and the Sliders Cold Pro gloves. By the time it got to my hand through all those layers the heat was subtle, but it did make a difference."

My questions are:

1. Did he use the heaters to help keep warm? He didn't say he tested the gloves to see if he could feel the heat through the thick gloves, he said he used them in the cold part of the day.

I ask because 46º is not that cold for "winter" gloves. I'd like to know how they did in mid 30º temps. Most winter gloves with the heaters running do well. The outside of your fingers may get cold but not too bad.

2. How did the gloves perform without the heaters on?

3. How long was he in those temperatures and at what speeds?

Cruising to the store a few miles away at 46º, you don't have much time to get cold. Riding to work at freeway speeds for 30-60 minutes, or a long ride at 75mph for the day at 46º (or lower), now that's a test of how good the gloves are.

My 2-cents.
wink.png

Otherwise I like the looks of the gloves, the Hi-Vis and large reflector patch are also nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pair of these about a month ago and used them for my daily 30 minute commute at freeway speeds. Temps in the low high 30's to the low 40's. These kept my finger tips warm for the entire ride, better than my Scarab Winter gloves. It has been consistently below 38F int he morning for the past several weeks and 38 is my personal cutoff temp. I'll have more riding opportunities in the spring when it starts to warm up.

I have a clarifying question for the author that reviewed the glove.
He said, "During the cooler part of the day I did use my grip heaters on my Yamaha FJR1300. I also have Grip Puppies (https://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/) installed. I ran the heaters on high and I was able to feel the heat through the grip puppies and the Sliders Cold Pro gloves. By the time it got to my hand through all those layers the heat was subtle, but it did make a difference."

My questions are:

1. Did he use the heaters to help keep warm? He didn't say he tested the gloves to see if he could feel the heat through the thick gloves, he said he used them in the cold part of the day.

I ask because 46º is not that cold for "winter" gloves. I'd like to know how they did in mid 30º temps. Most winter gloves with the heaters running do well. The outside of your fingers may get cold but not too bad.
I haven't had the chance to test them any colder yet. It just hasn't been that cold in SC yet. On the test ride the grip heaters were definitely not required. I just wanted to see of the heat would pass through. I also figured that would make my hands sweat more and I could evaluate the breathability of the Hipora membrane.

2. How did the gloves perform without the heaters on?
They performed very well. They have a good amount of thinsulate.

3. How long was he in those temperatures and at what speeds?
Our ride was about 6 hours. Probably about 4-5 hours ride time. Our speeds were any where from 25-70 mph. It was a nice mix of twisty and secondary highway speeds.

Here's a link to the test ride. https://www.spiritstrike.com/blog/2013/11/20/too-fast-too-fast-tooo-faaast

Cruising to the store a few miles away at 46º, you don't have much time to get cold. Riding to work at freeway speeds for 30-60 minutes, or a long ride at 75mph for the day at 46º (or lower), now that's a test of how good the gloves are.
My 2-cents.
wink.png

Otherwise I like the looks of the gloves, the Hi-Vis and large reflector patch are also nice.
I appreciate you taking the time to check out my review and posting back. I hope I answered your questions well.

Thanks for the write-up kaosbandit. Often find myself questioning the quality of Sliders, Bilt, Sedici, etc gear. Good to have unbiased, first hand info on these products.

Thanks for the write-up kaosbandit. Often find myself questioning the quality of Sliders, Bilt, Sedici, etc gear. Good to have unbiased, first hand info on these products.
Glad you found it useful. I have several items from the store brands of Competition Accessories and they have all been decent. I also have a Bilt jacket that I wear dual sporting and it decent as well. I won't say they feel high end, but they don't carry that price tag either. So far, everything I have used inspires confidence.

Latest posts