Sliders ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
I'm trying to identify these sliders to learn more and get reviews ...

but I don't know what they are. I think the slider itself is a different manufacturer than the actual mount, which IMO seem to be pretty decent.

100428Gen2MirrorTab%20(13).JPG

100505TankFittings%20(8)crop.JPG

Any help identifying these is much appreciated, as are reviews, comments and/or forum posts associated with.

OH, and these are on a superior Gen1 ....almost forgot to add that part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Identical to the ones I have. Been tested once and they did the job.
Ray, like all Gen1 owners, you're the best! ....thanks much for the review. I'm going to keep these Motivation sliders.

Oooops, on second thought, Uhhh, I think these look more appetizing. I'm going with these.

Built on the bracket so you don't have to make a hole in your fairing, like this:

DSC_0011.jpg

GenII bikes have the engine bolt visible in the fairing slot. An improvement if you want sliders, ugly if you don't.

In another universe, far far away.....

Motivation sliders were what was available. IIRC, Moko came on the scene at a cheaper price for essentially the same protection, thus the saga.

The bobbins on my '05 are mounted on the Moto base I had on the '04.

I'm trying to identify these sliders to learn more and get reviews ...but I don't know what they are. I think the slider itself is a different manufacturer than the actual mount, which IMO seem to be pretty decent.

100428Gen2MirrorTab%20(13).JPG

100505TankFittings%20(8)crop.JPG

Any help identifying these is much appreciated, as are reviews, comments and/or forum posts associated with.

OH, and these are on a superior Gen1 ....almost forgot to add that part.
I ordered a set of these on April 3rd. Got an E-mail stating they are back ordered and it will be two weeks or less. Not a word from them and it's now four weeks. Still waiting.......

Motivation sliders were what was available. IIRC, Moko came on the scene at a cheaper price for essentially the same protection, thus the saga.

The bobbins on my '05 are mounted on the Moto base I had on the '04.
Funny

....Mike, trying to figure these things out has been like being like traveling through a black hole ...not much info, sporatic tid=bits of info --figuring out the vaious manufactures and then what styles to what generation of bike ....yada yada captain kirk.

I ordered a set of these on April 3rd. Got an E-mail stating they are back ordered and it will be two weeks or less. Not a word from them and it's now four weeks. Still waiting.......
Not laughing *at* you but rather your comment is is typical of the comments of what I've been reading on the slider. Jeeze what is up with slider manuf's?

~~~I've never had sliders on a bike, can't say I'm a big fan of them. The above came on my new-to-me FJR and I expected I'd be removing them. Once the tupperware was removed, they appeared more stout than I had suspected. After the words here =especially the pics of Teerex51's get-off and FJRay's endorsement -I'm going to keep these on ....at least for a while.

thanks

Dude! I know you are a superior Gen I owner and all, but you shoulda known this shit 4 years ago!

Don't worry, I still love ya. :wub:

Dude! I know you are a superior Gen I owner and all, but you shoulda known this shit 4 years ago!
Don't worry, I still love ya. :wub:
Didn't really figure worth getting to know every inch of the Gen1 ...as I figured I'd replace it with a gen2

Uhhh, until I realized that fatter and slower ain't options in my book.

...MamaYama can take a step backwards in performance, but it doesn't mean I'm going with them. So, now, after four years and another Gen1 ...time to learn the superior model.

...and I wuv you too skootie

RJ,

I have those exact same sliders on my Superior First Gen subspecies Bass Boat Blue (SFG-BBB) also.

I bought them used second hand here on the forum. I later forgot that I had put my kickstand up and the SFG-BBB decided to take a short nap. The lay down resulted in a scrape to the left side bag and alternator cover, but nary a scrape on the left side tupperware.

In the event of an actual lay-down at speed I do not expect them to work quite so completely, but for tip-over protection they are worth their ugliness and $$ IMO and experience.

Actually, Moko was the first playa on the block. Then came the Motivation knock-offs. And somewhere down the line, Moko became GSG-Moto. Bikejohnny (now defunct) and Wildhair accessories were the two main purveyors of these sliders.

RJ,
I have those exact same sliders on my Superior First Gen subspecies Bass Boat Blue (SFG-BBB) also.

I bought them used second hand here on the forum. I later forgot that I had put my kickstand up and the SFG-BBB decided to take a short nap. The lay down resulted in a scrape to the left side bag and alternator cover, but nary a scrape on the left side tupperware.

In the event of an actual lay-down at speed I do not expect them to work quite so completely, but for tip-over protection they are worth their ugliness and $$ IMO and experience.
Thanks Fred, it's no wonder why you're the grooviest dude on this forum. Maybe I'll lay mine down on the throttle side so we can have both sides covered

Actually, Moko was the first playa on the block. Then came the Motivation knock-offs. And somewhere down the line, Moko became GSG-Moto. Bikejohnny (now defunct) and Wildhair accessories were the two main purveyors of these sliders.
Wow, I've got sooo much to learn ...if I want to reach my dream of being all-things-gen1

Sure is a lot of manufacturer drama in the slider arena ....but I think I'm finally up to speed.

[Motivation sliders were what was available. IIRC, Moko came on the scene at a cheaper price for essentially the same protection, thus the saga.

Wow, I've got sooo much to learn ...if I want to reach my dream of being all-things-gen1

Sure is a lot of manufacturer drama in the slider arena ....but I think I'm finally up to speed.

Are the parts interchangable between the moko and the motivation?

I'm trying to identify these sliders to learn more and get reviews ...but I don't know what they are. I think the slider itself is a different manufacturer than the actual mount, which IMO seem to be pretty decent.

moto.jpg

Question's already been answered, RJ, but, er, um, hm.....doesn't it say RIGHT ON THE SLIDER what brand it is???

moto.jpg

Question's already been answered, RJ, but, er, um, hm.....doesn't it say RIGHT ON THE SLIDER what brand it is???
RH, perhaps if you read my initial post ....

......I think the slider itself is a different manufacturer than the actual mount, which .....
Although, it seems I was wrong.
I wrongly thought the aluminum bracket was made by someone else.

Got an education figuring it all out through ...jeeze, those sliders manufacturers, dang near as much drama as Gen2 owners.