Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal1

Reaction score
Surprised that I couldn't find much info on this subject.

There are a shit load of choices on the internet. Which ones do I pick? Since the saddlebags are mounted I don't need sliders on the swingarm? I know that's a stupid question since they'd have to be 2 feet long. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't seem to settle on one. Help!

Surprised that I couldn't find much info on this subject.There are a shit load of choices on the internet. Which ones do I pick? Since the saddlebags are mounted I don't need sliders on the swingarm? I know that's a stupid question since they'd have to be 2 feet long. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't seem to settle on one. Help!
the forum search function is kinda sucky

use google instead:

?????? site:fjrforum.com

so google search: "sliders site:fjrforum.com"

mucho info to peruse

your welcome

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I like mine so much I often just go out and slide around on them just for the hell of it. :)

To the O.P.: have you seen this thread? Takes "sliders" to a whole new level, if you don't mind ugly.

By the way, Norcal1, what part of Norcal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Few others to consider on this current Thread... Really the choice is yours to make, but do make sure any you buy have a metal insert to properly torque the lower engine mount.

All the GENII's from 2006 to current use the same style no-cut slider.

--G

Frame sliders for the 2006-2010 Gen 2 FJRs are different from the earlier apparently faster Gen 1 FJRs. The newer ones just bolt on, the earlier ones have a crescent shaped bit to them near as I can tell. Since I have the slow Gen 2 FJR myself, I could be wrong or a little off on the Gen 1.

I put the GSG Moto sliders on my '09. I like these ones, because there's cap that covers the end. So in a minor tip-over, the entire end of the slider doesn't get munged - just the cap. I have practical experience with the benefits of this feature - and I don't want to talk about it.

Bought them from Twisted Throttle.

ian

Frame sliders for the 2006-2010 Gen 2 FJRs are different from the earlier apparently faster Gen 1 FJRs. The newer ones just bolt on, the earlier ones have a crescent shaped bit to them near as I can tell. Since I have the slow Gen 2 FJR myself, I could be wrong or a little off on the Gen 1.
I put the GSG Moto sliders on my '09. I like these ones, because there's cap that covers the end. So in a minor tip-over, the entire end of the slider doesn't get munged - just the cap. I have practical experience with the benefits of this feature - and I don't want to talk about it.

Bought them from Twisted Throttle.

ian
Gen 1's ('03-'05) are either "no cut" which is the crescent plate bolted to the frame and the sliders bolt to it

or engine mount sliders like the Gen II's, but you have to drill or cut a 1 inch hole through the side plastic for the sliders to go through and into the motor mount threaded hole

there are less choices now with the old, but faster Gen I's

mine are R&G which are considered the best for Gen I's (WFooshee has extensively tested them), but they are $100 and only the manufacturer in England now sells them...no USA dealers anymore

3469318274_7c3cf1ea54.jpg

My wife and I both have the OES sliders. I have an 09 and she has a 10. Very worth the weight in gold since she decided to dump it TWICE two weeks after getting them installed! It protected her fairing, but it didn't protect the saddlebag or mirror. The saddle bag has a some scuff marks and the mirror as well. Nothing a little touch up paint won't fix though!

They were very easy to install, look nice and work well.

I bought the sliders from Belgium for the rear, then the 905 crash bars for the front. I then made a set of sliders that fit in the upper tube of the 905 bars. They stick out 2-3/4" from the bars. You can drop your bike on a gravel parking lot a time or two and no painted stuff gets close to being damaged. Don't ask me how I know, don't want to talk about it.