sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothblue

Reaction score
I'm in the market for some frame sliders and have heard 'Skyway' either makes them or otherwise has access to some that others have purchased from him. See no mention of ones for the '05 though. Can someone tell me how to get ahold of him?

I'm in the market for some frame sliders and have heard 'Skyway' either makes them or otherwise has access to some that others have purchased from him. See no mention of ones for the '05 though. Can someone tell me how to get ahold of him?
Yes he does, they are nice...

However, I liked these
slidebeforeandafter031.jpg

They are made by LSI, cost around the same as motovation, but the blue looks good with our ride....

You can get them from university motors!

Yeah, those do look nice. I talked to Mike at University Motors and he needs to order them from LSL. I think for the mounting kit and the 'Blue' pucks they were around $130.00 for the set. He indicated that he wasn't sure if they were a perfect color match. How close are they for color and do you like yours (I assume you have some)?

Yeah, those do look nice. I talked to Mike at University Motors and he needs to order them from LSL. I think for the mounting kit and the 'Blue' pucks they were around $130.00 for the set. He indicated that he wasn't sure if they were a perfect color match. How close are they for color and do you like yours (I assume you have some)?

Well, they are as close as i could get I guess, I just liked them the best of the ones i looked at...

last time i drilled for the RG, this time i was not drilling the fairings...

You'll like them, I think...

550Y087kit.jpg

550Y087wofairingL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, they are as close as i could get I guess, I just liked them the best of the ones i looked at...

last time i drilled for the RG, this time i was not drilling the fairings...

You'll like them, I think...

550Y087kit.jpg

550Y087wofairingL.jpg

Yeah, you're right. They're very close in color and after going to the LSL site and looking more closely at the kit, I think I'll have Mike at University Motors order me a set. Thanks for the heads-up on these. I didn't want to drill the fairing and need to remove them everytime I wanted to pull the plastic.

Last edited by a moderator: