Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Herb

Is there any sliders out there for the Fjr?? Ones that don't cut the Farring? Thanks :)

For the '02-'05 it is the Moko Sliders if you are more concerned about drilling your fairing than outright best protection. The R&G's in my opinion give you the best protection, but do require sacrificing a small hole in your plastic. Now for the '06, correct me if I am wrong the R&G's look like they will go straight into the engine mount without requiring any plastic modification.

Check the old FJRowners.com site and search Moko all the info is there.

If you google 'motovation sliders' you will find what you are looking for. Similar to the Moko's. May even be the same company.

OK, I did the google as well. Guess I was being lazy: Motovation sliders for the FJR1300

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the R&G sliders. I'm presently adding Helicoils to the engine mounting lugs.

Frequent removal of the lowers results in the aluminum engine mounting threads wearing out.

While the same thing could happen to the Moko or Motovation slider brackets, it would be much easier to Helicoil than the deeply recessed holes for the R&G bolts.

dobias <_<

I also have the GSG's. Fit through the fairing opening, no cutting. Some consider, however, the positioning to be less than ideal for protection. I see them as being far better than nothing, and much better than TOG's.

Is there any sliders out there for the Fjr?? Ones that don't cut the Farring? Thanks :)
R&G's are what I have and very easy to install if you just take your time and they are the best position for protection. Well, worth it...