SmarTire & '06 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickf

Reaction score
I have been fighting a SmarTire problem for months. The rear sensor in not communicating with the receiver, at least not reliably. I have been through two rear sensors and two different receivers. Same problem with minor variances with either sensor and/or receiver. Right now I am installing the original receiver and two new sensors on my second bike (Honda CBR 1000F) so I will be able to check out the original receiver. This issue has me stumped. Either I have installed two defective sensors, have installed two defective receivers, there is something specific about this bike that is interfering, or the dealer who installed the sensor did something wrong. I have disconnected the PC III so it is not a factor. (The PC III did interfere with the Laser portion of my "Radar" detector). The dealer has done this before and the front sensor is fine.

Any thoughts?

Dick Frederick

I've got a PCIII on my '05, and it hasn't ever messed up the signal from my Smartire. It's located under the passenger seat right above the rear wheel, so you'd think that would be the perfect place to insert interference. Any chance the power source for the display is spiking or something?

Just installed my Smartire with tire change last month. About 1500 miles and I don't seem to have any problems. I do not have a pc iii

I have a Smarttire installed with a PC-III on an '06A and the thing works like a charm. It would seem to be odd that you would have two bad sensors in a row but it certainly seems to be leaning that way.

I too have a PCIII and smartire on my 05, installed everything myself.

The only issues I had were the initial setting of the sensors. I don't recall if the directions were not clear or I didn't read them carefully but it took me a few days to figure out how to complete the setup and have the unit remember which was front/back. Until I figured it out it and I saved my configuration to memory it was like the initial setup every time I turned the bike on/off.

I also have a Garmin 2730, Valentine 1... plenty of things to cause potential interference.

I would be with Groo, maybe power related, bad power/ground?

Seems odd you would have more than 1 bad sensor!