SmarTire parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa2fst

Reaction score
I have a smartire system on my FJR and need a few replacement parts (no longer available from the manufacturer). It still works, but one of the sensors is cracked. I've seen on the forum that some members have had this system broken or replaced and was wondering if anyone had any of the parts for their old systems left that they wanted to part with?

PM me with details if you have some.

Thank you.

IMHO the SmartTire system was the best except for easily broken sensors when changing tires. You need to buy replacement sensors from https://www.vulcantire.com/, and the part number you want is #062-1001
I tried and they don't have them anymore. The website displays that they do carry them...but when I ordered they said out of stock and no longer available. Know anywhere else I could try?

IMHO the SmartTire system was the best except for easily broken sensors when changing tires. You need to buy replacement sensors from https://www.vulcantire.com/, and the part number you want is #062-1001
I tried and they don't have them anymore. The website displays that they do carry them...but when I ordered they said out of stock and no longer available. Know anywhere else I could try?
I have asked my other collaborators where they recently got theirs. I was of the impression Vulcan was the only source.... maybe give them a phone call? Meanwhile, when I hear, I will post.

I purchased two sensors recently from vulcan , 11014 | SmarTire Wheel Sensor | #062.1001

there was a thread here on this, I believe the auto version of the sensor is the same / or

combatible with the bike reciever. Havent tried mine yet, but those who have reported no problems

that im aware of. It truly is a great system, so mine are spares for the future, probably should get a couple extra straps as well..Ray

I purchased two sensors recently from vulcan , 11014 | SmarTire Wheel Sensor | #062.1001

there was a thread here on this, I believe the auto version of the sensor is the same / or

combatible with the bike reciever. Havent tried mine yet, but those who have reported no problems

that im aware of. It truly is a great system, so mine are spares for the future, probably should get a couple extra straps as well..Ray
In the past, I've also ordered the the automobile tire sensors for my bike's smartire system. Those sensors are compatible with their motorcycle TPMS system. But re-ordering them yesterday, I ran into the same problem that wa2fst encountered.

It seems that Bendix has not only exited the motorcycle market, but also the passenger car market as well. When I tied to again order spare automobile tire sensors from Vulcan Tire they emailed me saying that they were no longer available from the manufacturer. The SmarTire site confirms this. Bummer... :(