Smitty is a top professional!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhawk

Reaction score
This past weekend I took a 6 and a half hour ride to meet Smitty and get my audiovox cc100 cruise control installed on my 07 FJR. Yes I read probably every forum on how to install it yourself, and I believe that I could've installed it myself but it would've taken a lot longer. I wanted it done now, and work immediately, Smitty didn't disappoint me. He estimated 4hrs for the install, in case of problems, but there wasn't any. He didn't even need close to 4hrs. Smitty is a true master. He knew exactly what was needed out of the kit, how long wires needed to be, everything. He was a joy to watch and learn from. He's not only fast and precise, but also gentle with the bike. It was well worth the small amount he charges, with all of his experience it's a bargain.

I used it for almost the entire 6 and a half hour ride back home. :yahoo: It was fantastic!!!

Anybody that wants to put a cruise control in, I recommend having Smitty do it. And he doesn't just do cruise controls...

Thanks again Smitty.

well fairlaner,as soon as you get smitty out here in the west im ready,already bought my cruise control off amazon for 89 bucks.maybe at the ride to big bear saturday we can get a real count for smitty so he sees how busy he will be.

Anybody that wants to put a cruise control in, I recommend having Smitty do it. And he doesn't just do cruise controls...
I'm almost certainly going to replace my recently sold Kool Aid 1150RT with a 2009 FJR. I was thinking a bout getting a second hand V-Strom 650 to tide me over 'til the 2010 FJR, but I don't want and don't need a bigger engine ... 145 HP is enough.

However, I do need cruise control. After I added the Riders Resource LLC analog vacuum style cruise control made from old style General Motors parts, the pain I would get in the hollow between my right shoulder blade and spine on very long multi-day trips TOTALLY disappeared. And I don't want that to ever start up again.

So how do I get in touch with Smitty and how far does he live from Cape Girardeau, MO?

Jim Puckett

Jackson, MO

I'm almost certainly going to replace my recently sold Kool Aid 1150RT with a 2009 FJR. I was thinking a bout getting a second hand V-Strom 650 to tide me over 'til the 2010 FJR, but I don't want and don't need a bigger engine ... 145 HP is enough.
We *definitely* need more power. For those where 145hp is enough, just dont twist the throttle all the way around or pull off a plug wire.

If the "new FJR" does not have at least 155-160 flywheel hp, I will be highly disappointed.

So how do I get in touch with Smitty and how far does he live from Cape Girardeau, MO?
Jim Puckett

Jackson, MO
Hi MR. NSR,

Glad to here your considering a FJR.

There's a link to more info on Smitty's installs here

You can PM him from that thread.

Your in luck becuase he's close to you. I actually met him at your rally last month.

well fairlaner,as soon as you get smitty out here in the west im ready,already bought my cruise control off amazon for 89 bucks.maybe at the ride to big bear saturday we can get a real count for smitty so he sees how busy he will be.
I live in Vegas but would ride down to LA to get it done. Then again Getting on the bike and riding to a place called Hooterville sounds fun too.

I live in Vegas but would ride down to LA to get it done. Then again Getting on the bike and riding to a place called Hooterville sounds fun too.
Believe me...that's a great option. Roads around there are worth riding...and riding w/Smitty rocks.

Latest posts