• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Smuggler Police Gen1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to fit mine either, bummer.
upset.gif

Looks completely useless to me. It's wide open on the bottom (as in it doesn't even have a bottom), and the pictures don't even show how the top opens up--if it does at all. It sort of "looks" like a Smuggler, but it sure isn't one.

I've been able to find a couple guys on the Australian forum selling FJR "police boxes", which have a fairly large hinged lid. They also have no bottom, but I have a rear seat pan I'm planning to use to mount it to the bike and provide a base.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, based on how easily they tend to break) the grab handle/rack has to be removed to mount it.

From the, 'About Us', on their ad: "We are one of the fastest growing motorcycle breakers along the South Coast, offering all customers over 20,000 quality used parts in stock today."

Is 'breakers' synonymous with 'wreckers'? Just doesn't sound right...
unsure.png

From the, 'About Us', on their ad: "We are one of the fastest growing motorcycle breakers along the South Coast, offering all customers over 20,000 quality used parts in stock today."
Is 'breakers' synonymous with 'wreckers'? Just doesn't sound right...
unsure.png
They are speaking in my native tongue. I would rather buy parts from a 'broken' bike than a 'wrecked' one.

If your vehicle rolls to a halt you call a breakdown service - not a wrecker!
smile.png

Al.

The seller was kind (?) enough to put up photos that clearly show it's "well-used" condition. In other words scraped, scratched, chipped, worn, and stressed.

The open bottom (bottomless) feature seems to be matched by a top that can't be opened. It appears that the only function of this... Thing... Is to prevent a person from riding "back there".

And only $260.

Such a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The seller was kind (?) enough to put up photos that clearly show it's "well-used" condition. In other words scraped, scratched, chipped, worn, and stressed.
The open bottom (bottomless) feature seems to be matched by a top that can't be opened. It appears that the only function of this... Thing... Is to prevent a person from riding "back there".

And only $260.

Such a deal.
It would appear the top can be opened, but only after removing four screws? I'm guessing it was never intended to be used for 'casual storage'.

The seller was kind (?) enough to put up photos that clearly show it's "well-used" condition. In other words scraped, scratched, chipped, worn, and stressed.The open bottom (bottomless) feature seems to be matched by a top that can't be opened. It appears that the only function of this... Thing... Is to prevent a person from riding "back there".

And only $260.

Such a deal.
It would appear the top can be opened, but only after removing four screws? I'm guessing it was never intended to be used for 'casual storage'.

tailpiece.jpg
It's probably used for radio or emergency equipment (siren amplifier, strobe power pack) on a police bike. Putting that stuff in a tail box leaves the panniers free for the rider's personal and duty equipment. It's not user serviced equipment, so there's no need for a hinged lid.