Smuggler saddle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiaboy71

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone out there had a corbain smuggler saddle and what you thought about it. It looks sweet and i think it's a good idea for added storage. My lady rides her own bike so unless there is an issue with her bike I always ride single. My question is what do you all think about price vs. performance. Is the extra storage space worth the hefty $700.00+ price?

thanks

G.B.

I love my snuggler, I was lucky and did not have to refi my house to get it. It came with the bike along with the Corbin seat. I sold the seat. I don't think I would pay the full retail price today.

I'm thinking you could buy a custom fit Russell seat and a Givi trunk and still have enough $ left over to fill the trunk with a fine vintage 12 pack of suds. And, the 12 pack will fit in the Givi.

You would really want to have that little bit of extra storage, a short back rest, and a cool look for $700. IMO, you would still end up with just a mediocre one size fits all seat.

actually it was a six pack of beer and a bottle of scotch......

With room for some ice too.

P1030134.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever camp on your bike? When I do I have a waterproof duffel that straps down nicely on the back seat. The side cases, tail bag and tank bag aren't enough sometimes. I don't see how you could do that--or strap anything down there--with a Smuggler. Other than that, my experience with Corbin seats has been fairly negative. If you could use a Smuggler with a more comfortable seat--and you probably can--that might be a better solution. If you could find the Smuggler used, better yet. Too damned expensive.

Sorry I can't comment on the smuggler. I just made my own instead. 3X the room and waterproof...unlike the smuggler.

102_0224.jpg

twostoragetrunks2.jpg

I also made the one for the SV650 in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever camp on your bike? When I do I have a waterproof duffel that straps down nicely on the back seat. The side cases, tail bag and tank bag aren't enough sometimes. I don't see how you could do that--or strap anything down there--with a Smuggler. Other than that, my experience with Corbin seats has been fairly negative. If you could use a Smuggler with a more comfortable seat--and you probably can--that might be a better solution. If you could find the Smuggler used, better yet. Too damned expensive.
When I go camping I pull it and put on my rear seat. Then I can run my saddle bags, top case and motofizz bag. Other than those trips the smuggler is on all time and I love it.

if you ride alot its great,if you only roll 2 months out of the year cuz you choose to live in some cold snowy rainy shitty place its not.