Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niehart, I saw yours in Utah. It looked really good, nice fit, nice paint match. It's a Corbin isn't it?

Rammer, yes it's a corbin.

Don't usually ride with my bags on so it's great to have lockable space for cell, Zumo, etc.

Also pops on & off like rear seat so that when moma wants to ride I'm still good to go.

Also did not leak in the monsoon in PC.

Niehart

$800! **** that! SKYWAY! you know what do do man......I'll have mine done in Carbon Fibre please and at Half the price....

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a price buster... $799 for an item that most likely costs under $200 to manufacture. Seems Corbin has outgrown it's britches. No way I'd pay that kinda tariff, but I'd probably cough up $300 to $400.

First discovered this under the "Group Buys" segment here... but that thread seemed to fizzle.

Thanks for the replies fellas.. I'll keep poking around.

Lennie

I go along with the $300 to $400. I like Corbin seats (havet 2), but they are outrageous on price. For some reason, my Ymaha dealer gets a god price on seats, I may give him a shout next time I'm over there and see what he could do for a purchase of several of them. Let you know if it's worth freight.

I go along with the $300 to $400. I like Corbin seats (havet 2), but they are outrageous on price. For some reason, my Ymaha dealer gets a god price on seats, I may give him a shout next time I'm over there and see what he could do for a purchase of several of them. Let you know if it's worth freight.
I wholeheartedly agree... Corbin has become the rich man's farkle venue. I'm also having my dealer check for a price on the Smuggler for me. If it's significant I'll feed back here for those interested.

Lennie

have.....divorce.....settlement......check......

so......tempted......to......order......from......U Motors......

please......stop.......me.......aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh........

have.....divorce.....settlement......check......
so......tempted......to......order......from......U Motors......

please......stop.......me.......aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh........
Heck with Luke and his Force... nail that Princess :glare:

I have had fabulous luck using buttbuffer.com. You ship them your stock seat on your dime. They remove the stock cover, and R&R the top with surgical rubber, then ship it back in a week. All for $235. Did it on my Harley saddle in 04, and had 3 guys all do it after sitting on mine. Just did it on my 07 FJR.

My wife and I are unanimous - this is a much needed improvement. No more butt burn, and we're more connected with the bike.

Save your money for a zumo.

I have had fabulous luck using buttbuffer.com. You ship them your stock seat on your dime. They remove the stock cover, and R&R the top with surgical rubber, then ship it back in a week. All for $235. Did it on my Harley saddle in 04, and had 3 guys all do it after sitting on mine. Just did it on my 07 FJR.
My wife and I are unanimous - this is a much needed improvement. No more butt burn, and we're more connected with the bike.

Save your money for a zumo.
1. I already have a better GPS, a StreetPilot 2820.

2. Perhaps there is confusion. The smuggler is intended for those of us who ride solo, period. It's a very smart compartment replacement for the back seat. I'm sure buttrubber is great (feel fruity just typing that), and that might still be something to consider doing to the front seat, but the point on this thread is finding a Smuggler (or equivalent) compartment for under $750.

Personally, I'm giving in to the pull of the dark side and ordering it as soon as all my "real world" stuff is paid off and I see what I have left. In keeping with my other thread about slowly reskinning my bike from 06 blue to 07 red, I'm ordering the smuggler in 07 red. That's just too innovative a product to pass up.