Snow & Ice chains from MV Motorrad!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
Very interesting..!

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/Snow+Claws+Set+and+for+Xtrem+Driver+Snow+Chains+for+Motorcycles+fro+MV+Set+with+5+Pieces.htm

1316447532-8367_zps9971d497.jpg

For some reason this looks a REALLY bad idea.

Not sure I would ride in conditions slippery enough that I need chains - leaning and steering might be an issue.

Spiked tires are really the answer.

They have made those for years. Not going to help with steering though. Would be good for a sidecar rig :)

Looks like a great idea, you never know when you're likely to hit a road that's not been cleared or has fresh white crap on it. Sure you'll need to take it nice and slow, but sure beats getting stuck... A bit pricey that's my only gripe.

As JamesK said, i believe that this thing can help a lot when you shall find snow or ice in your trip.You can install the chains then and you can continue in the snow slowly until the road is clean again!The spiked tires are surely better but they are great only in the snow or ice..In a clean road they can break and are slippery..

Yes,they are pricey but i believe that is a quality product..

Last edited by a moderator:
escapefjrtist and I were in a downtown Seattle parking garage when we heard strange clicky clack sound. What the .... around the corner comes a well used BMW GS with studded tires. This GS was actually used for what it was designed for.

Some of you Pacific Northwet folks might remember that bike show, where it snowed a couple inches in the afternoon. I bet that fellow on the GS smiled all the way home.

Sorry for the side bar Mihalis fjr. There have been a few trips in Montana when I would have liked to have a set of those with me.

For some reason this looks a REALLY bad idea.
Not sure I would ride in conditions slippery enough that I need chains - leaning and steering might be an issue.

Spiked tires are really the answer.
oh yeah, riding a big heavy pig of a bike like the FJR on ice?

I can't think of anything else I would rather do except poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick - repeatedly.

Ridiculous....two wheels don't belong in ice and snow.
Well, I wish someone had told me this a long time ago
laugh.png
. I've had one too many ride in the snow. Only dropped a bike once, going over Molas Pass (Million Dollar Highway) in 6 inches of snow. Was only going a few miles per hour, so didn't hurt me or the bike. Picking it up in the snow was a bitch though!

escapefjrtist and I were in a downtown Seattle parking garage when we heard strange clicky clack sound. What the .... around the corner comes a well used BMW GS with studded tires. This GS was actually used for what it was designed for.
...and to add, the rider also said the bike was very interesting to ride in corners. The combo of studs and knobs made for a little bit of controlled slipping and sliding!

--G

I know it's Friday but I have to ask if that is real or just someones idea of Photoshop fun.
I was visiting Colorado in the summer time and hit up the KTM shop in Gunnison and they had one of those on display. I almost wet myself when I saw it. I'd seen pics of them before and they seem like the solution to me. I've done snowmobiles a few times and they just screw with my head. No counter steering and they lean the wrong way in the turns. However, one of these I could totally see myself riding if I lived somewhere that it snows instead of just occasionally dumps ice all over the place.
biggrin.png

Latest posts