So How 'Bout Another 08 Owner...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good2Go

Reaction score
Well, looks like I just bought my '08 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: !!

Pick it up this afternoon. I wasn't planning to buy until Jan/Feb, but when a deal pops up, what's a guy to do? I did my weekly phone query of the local Ridenow dealers, and lo & behold the Avondale location had an 08 on the floor, just came in this week. They wouldn't talk price on the phone, just kept quoting MSRP, but I really didn't expect any deals based on previous experience with Ridenow (albeit I've never dealt with this particular location).

So, for shits and grins I called D&H to check their price, figured out what it would cost me to fly and ride from AL, then headed over to Avondale to see if how close Ridenow could come. The salesman shook his head when I told him the most I was willing to pay, but I insisted he ask the owner anyway, the worst he could say was "no". To my surprise he agreed to the price!!!! I even got the Yamaha 7.9% promotional financing. Man, I'm going to have to take back all the bad things I've said about this chain of dealerships...looks like they at least have one location that wants to deal.

So, as soon as my GF gets off work we're going to brave the Phoenix rush hour traffic to go pick up my new toy! I cant wait! And yes, I'll post pics this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick it up this afternoon. I wasn't planning to buy until Jan/Feb, but when a deal pops up, what's a guy to do? I did my weekly phone query of the local Ridenow dealers, and lo & behold the Avondale location had an 08 on the floor, just came in this week. They wouldn't talk price on the phone, just kept quoting MSRP, but I really didn't expect any deals based on previous experience with Ridenow (albeit I've never dealt with this particular location).

So, for shits and grins I called D&H to check their price, figured out what it would cost me to fly and ride from AL, then headed over to Avondale to see if how close Ridenow could come. The salesman shook his head when I told him the most I was willing to pay, but I insisted he ask the owner anyway, the worst he could say was "no". To my surprise he agreed to the price!!!! I even got the Yamaha 7.9% promotional financing. Man, I'm going to have to take back all the bad things I've said about this chain of dealerships...looks like they at least have one location that wants to deal.

So, as soon as my GF gets off work we're going to brave the Phoenix rush hour traffic to go pick up my new toy! I cant wait! And yes, I'll post pics this evening.

Is this Town and Country Motors, I bought my 06 from them and hate that dealership.

Is this Town and Country Motors, I bought my 06 from them and hate that dealership.
No, not T&C, it's USA Motorsports in Avondale. It's still a Ridenow dealer, but much smaller, more mom 'n pop -ish than the ones in Phoenix/Chandler.

No, not T&C, it's USA Motorsports in Avondale. It's still a Ridenow dealer, but much smaller, more mom 'n pop -ish than the ones in Phoenix/Chandler.

congrats on the new toy, I'm glad you got a deal your happy with. I work in Chandler and live in Gilbert. IM me if youd like to get together for a ride

[SIZE=12pt]CONGRATULATIONS!!![/SIZE]

You have been successfully assimilated, let the farkling begin!!!

Just got home, hard to get decent pix at night...but it doesn't look any different than all the other black ones you see around :p . Hopefully better pics tomorrow.,,

FJR007.jpg

FJR004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm a happy boy too. I got the call from D & H when I got home from work. This makes 3 FJR's that I bought from them. Since I live 160 miles away, I have to wait for a ride until Thursday after Christmas to pick it up. I did not even check with the local dealers because they never even came close on price before. It will be a very long week but then the fun begins. :yahoo:

Oh, boy....now we have have two bustynutters.....when does it end?

oh, welcome to dramaramaville.

Damnit! I knew I shoulda copyrighted my moniker. Nut envy. It's a sad thing B)

Oh well I'm still the original. Remember the new coke?? :lol:

:jester:

Just got home, hard to get decent pix at night...but it doesn't look any different than all the other black ones you see around :p . Hopefully better pics tomorrow.,,

Hate to tell you this, but there is a cold front coming in. May only get to 70 degrees for you

THOSE UP NORTH....EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!! I'M RIDING TODAY.

Congrats! I picked up an '08 on Monday from a RideNow dealership. I've actually had quite a decent history of buying from them reasonably. The more I ride it the more I like it!

Cheers--