So I cut my windshield down really low...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test ride went well, much quieter than before the windshield was cut down but not as quiet as when I stuck my head up above the stock shield. I think that Skyway spacers may help with a little angle and since I own some I will give them a try. This will definetly be my summer windshield though because it is much better than stock height for me. I like the touring windshield for winter.
Qualifiers: I always wear earplugs.

cut%20down%20windshield%20low.jpg

cut%20down%20windshield%20up.jpg
I love the look. That's really very nice. Good job!

Looks like I need to order another Yammie shield and cut it down like that for next summer.

That looks really great. Ill be taking your photos and one of my shields in to have them cut. Love the fashion sence too, the way your bike accents your house!

Looks great Bob. Can we trouble you for the dimensions? Maybe to the top center and the length of the straight sides?

Looks great Bob. Can we trouble you for the dimensions? Maybe to the top center and the length of the straight sides?
Top dead center to the bottom of the plastic is 13"

Each side cut starts at the change of direction of the edge.

If you follow the two sides of the plastic cover from bottom to top of the windshield it is 12".

Bob