So I just scored a set of OEM heated grips for my '06 on Ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
It gets mighty cold up here in the early and late parts of the riding season and when I've come across them I've always stared longingly at those 'speed sensitive' heated grips that the AE and the Canadian '07 & '08 A models come with.

Alas Yamaha wants $387.49 in the US and $455.95 up here in the land of 'I'm bending over, waiting in anticipation, so just get it over with'. I HAVE seen them on the web for as 'little' as $310 plus shipping, but . . . .

I also considered the Honda solution and those 'look alike' grips discussed around here, but I have a 'thing' about doing things 'right' when possible.

So, when a set showed up on Ebay and Ebay was offering a $10% cash rebate PLUS a 9% 'Ebay Bucks' rebate certificate, even though I simply can't afford it, for $250 less $20 discount, and an $18 rebate certificate I figured I'd jump.

Will they get here before our ROAD TRIP starts on the 11th? Who knows. But I won them and, well, paying for them is something else. I wanted a top box for the trip, but couldn't swing a deal for an OEM, so grips it is.

Two Farkles in a month!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by a Yamaha dealer that he puts the Honda heated grips on his bikes.. They cost about 200 and work as good or better.

Congrats. I considered Honda but I was quoted about $300 so the little bit extra for the real deal seemed ok. Then I was told that the $100 "equivalent" was really weak. Others have their favorite aftermarket products. At the end I went factory but I'm going to pay the full freight. Good for you for finding a deal. When they arrive let me know and we can consult about the installation.

If the Yamaha dealer is putting Honda parts on without telling the customers, he ought to be strung up. How totally unethical is that?

Paulie

I'm going to buy heated gloves. Bottom of the hands get warm but top does nothing.. Gloves will be better for me...

It gets mighty cold up here in the early and late parts of the riding season and when I've come across them I've always stared longingly at those 'speed sensitive' heated grips that the AE and the Canadian '07 & '08 A models come with.
Alas Yamaha wants $387.49 in the US and $455.95 up here in the land of 'I'm bending over, waiting in anticipation, so just get it over with'. I HAVE seen them on the web for as 'little' as $310 plus shipping, but . . . .

I also considered the Honda solution and those 'look alike' grips discussed around here, but I have a 'thing' about doing things 'right' when possible.

So, when a set showed up on Ebay and Ebay was offering a $10% cash rebate PLUS a 9% 'Ebay Bucks' rebate certificate, even though I simply can't afford it, for $250 less $20 discount, and an $18 rebate certificate I figured I'd jump.

Will they get here before our ROAD TRIP starts on the 11th? Who knows. But I won them and, well, paying for them is something else. I wanted a top box for the trip, but couldn't swing a deal for an OEM, so grips it is.

Two Farkles in a month!!
bramfrank,

I am price shopping for the Yamaha OEM heated grips. I saw them for $310 at powerpartsplus.com and at factorydirectsmotorsportsaccessories.com but both sites did something that spooked me ==> I clicked on a link with a certain name and took me to the links above with different names. Do you remember what websites you saw the $310 price at? Post a message after you get them.

I asked my local dealer for a discount from the $387 and he told me "sorry, we are not discounting anything". Oh well, I can't believe they would say that with the internet out there. So here I go internet.

Ron

That was the one I found . . . . It seems to be a division of Rick Roush Motorsports . . . they're in Ohio and to be honest, I don't have many concerns about using a credit card over the internet. At least for me; I have a maximum $50 risk - but I live in Kanada, where we seem to have better rules, so YMMV on that score. I would NEVER use a debit card on the web and, if I had to I would get a separate credit card with a low credit limit and fraud insurance for my web purchases.

If you have an issue, I would call the parent (800 321-0163) and ask some questions - but for my credit card I would place the order and have it shipped (assuming they don't rip you off for shipping).

The advantage of buying over the net is you don't pay sales taxes, but if they make it up with huge freight charges, what's the point? If they want a lot, then my suggestion would be to go with the next-best priced vendor.

I placed the order earlier tonight, $310 for the grips, $20 for shipping (seems high, but..) For a total of $330 at my front door.

From what I read, my expectation is that delivery will be slow. I speculate they don't' stock, they place the order from Yamaha, then ship to me. The ultimate cheap, just in time system. Timing is not a factor for this winter accessory.

Ron

I'm glad that I went with the ST1300 one's at $180 they have 4 settings and don't shut down if your AMP's fall for a bit at a stop light. For the price differecne I was able to by my FZ1 mirror's and V-Strom Hand Gaurds. A easy Install as documented here on the Forum.