• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

So I need the saddlebag lock catch thingy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
So uhm, yeah. 2006 FJR, when I arrived at Rally HQ for the mason dixon I put my key in the saddlebag and the lock came out with the key.

So those two stupid screws that are in the FAQ that you should locktite, well I still lost em, and the locking thing a-ma-bob.

i still have the lock, so I'm looking for the locking lever. If anyone has a rashed bag and are willing to part with this part please let me know. (Left side in case they are different).

Yeah, those two screws, are 'tamper resistant' star-torx's Yippeee!

I don't see this as an available part number so I'm reaching out here.

-MD

Yeah, I found were I can buy a complete 3 lock set for like $80. To swap out the locks on both side bags, and the yamaha trunk.

Those locks 'appear' to have the lever that I need. I didn't lose the core so I only really need the $2.00 lever :/

That said, I'm going to rummage through my box of shit, because the bike came with a core for the trunk, maybe it has that lever on it, but I don't remember. I have a Givi so I'll not need that. That will be a huge win if that's the case.

-MD

Yeah, I found were I can buy a complete 3 lock set for like $80. To swap out the locks on both side bags, and the yamaha trunk.
Those locks 'appear' to have the lever that I need. I didn't lose the core so I only really need the $2.00 lever :/

That said, I'm going to rummage through my box of shit, because the bike came with a core for the trunk, maybe it has that lever on it, but I don't remember. I have a Givi so I'll not need that. That will be a huge win if that's the case.

-MD
Matt,

If you have the spare lock that came with the bike...It does have the lever...and the two screws, that you lost.

Matt,If you have the spare lock that came with the bike...It does have the lever...and the two screws, that you lost.
I'm thinking I have about a 30% chance of having it. I may have already given it to someone else years ago, which would be unfortunate.

I'm thinking I have about a 30% chance of having it. I may have already given it to someone else years ago, which would be unfortunate.
It's never too late to beg of the Forum. Unfortunately all my locks are in use.
Oh, no worries, the begging will be forthcoming, if I can't find mine :)

I have no doubt someone probably has one that doesn't need it, and hopefully I have enough good Karma left ;)

I'll know when I get home this evening and complete the search.

Might try a local locksmith, he may be able to match the tang/lever /whatever.

As for the screws replaced mine with Phillips head screws long ago.

Super awesome, I'm back in business. Thanks for the reminder El Toro Joe. I was able to locate said lock, use the screws which are now slotted thanks via the power of dremel, but they aren't ever coming out again. Loctited good. It appears I never did that previously.

If you haven't done it, do it now.

-MD