So I received a Spot 2 for my FJR for Christmas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingz06

Reaction score
i go to register it and it has a recall. Spot says it will be replaced but will not say when, just early 2010.

I'm thinking about returning it and buying a original SPOT.

Have you guys heard about this and what do you think?

Thanks!

There's quite a collected thread over on advrider. Not much mentioned of resolution but what you probably read on trying to activate. But, if you surf back on the thread, you'll read a lot of good info and comparisons between the gen1 and 2. A poster "SpotMaker" offered plenty of info and clarifications on the units in general from his unique perspective as an employee of the manufacturer. Most offered their personal experiences.

I'm not ready for one yet, but I'm interested enough to see what happens. Good luck.

Santa brought me one too. Sent it back friday for replacement. Merry Christmas!

If I lived someplace warm I might be a little more upset.

i go to register it and it has a recall. Spot says it will be replaced but will not say when, just early 2010.

Thanks!
If you can I would wait for the Spot 2 The upgrades on the tracking/send message button are nice. I will be upgrading to the Spot 2 when they get this worked out.

Thanks!
If you can I would wait for the Spot 2 The upgrades on the tracking/send message button are nice. I will be upgrading to the Spot 2 when they get this worked out.

i took my spot 2 back to bestbuy for a refund. will wait until they work it out.

I am thinking about selling my SPOT 1 soon. I will likely put it up on ebay so I can upgrade to the SPOT 2.